“Worst ever”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Office lunch with more than 20 of us. We Pre-oredered our food at their insistence and it took three quarters of an hour to arrive. We are an office within one minute from the restaurant and you would think it was in their interest to be obliging with an eye on future business. Not a bit of it. The food was very mediocre and when one of our party complained that her order was incorrect she was faced with an argument with the waitress who tried insisting it was correct. Well, it wasn't, and after the battle the correct order arrived literally with a 'bang' as the food was slammed on the table.
None of us will ever go there again and anybody thinking of going there would be well advised to reconsider.
At a time when everybody has to try that little bit harder to please and to provide food and service which represents not just good value, but friendly and courteous service, this place failed on all counts. Do not waste your time or money.

Reviewed 23 April 2013

The visit to Florio was overall good. The restaurant is very clean and nicely decorated, even a bit posh. Our table was perfectly for our small group and we decided all on the set menu which only had 2 main courses on offer. At first the pork dish was not available, but minutes later it was suddenly on offer again. The quality of food (salad, pork stew or créme brulée) was satisfying. The aubergine salad was relatively large, the pork stew relatively small. As the stew was served on a rice bed in a bowl it was hard to get the rest of the rice out of it. But we did not get a spoon. The créme brulée was a bit too liquid, but tasty. We felt that the wines were overpriced.

The main courses from the normal menu are quite expensive, it would have been good to see the portion sizes to compare them to our set menu. In the beginning you get 4 different menus per person which is not convenient at all and feels like in an office. The music in the background varies a lot and it is not easy to get the aim of the restaurant. The bill includes a 10% service charge, but at the end it states "Service not included" which is contradicting. Generally, service charges are needless. The customer has the right to tip whatever he/she feels is appropriate.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

My favourite restaurant in Summertown. Very good food with specials changing daily and set price menus changing regularly. The food is always fresh and tasty, very good value for money. They have a nice bar lounge area as well that I am willing to try one night with friends. I like going there for coffees as well before picking up the children from school. It is a place very family friendly where the staff has always been polite and efficient. I am a regular customer and so far I have never been disapointed.

Reviewed 12 April 2013

I first popped in here for one of their £1 coffees, available till 11.30am, just to try it out. The man who served me was very attentive and polite, the coffee was good (best I'd had in Summertown) so I decided I'd come back again and try the food. I went for dinner on an early weekday evening with my husband, daughter and two friends visiting the UK. We had to grab a waiter to ask for a table (it wasn't busy so no excuse for the lack of greeting), and then when we sat down we were told half the menu had sold out. At 6.30pm on a Tuesday evening! It would have been quicker for the waiter to tell us what was available. The only non-vegetarian option on the set menu wasn't available so my husband asked if they could substitute this for another meat or fish dish. 'No' was the answer we received. So our friends insisted he ask the chef. He came back again. 'No'. We managed to all order something off the menu and asked for a bottle of wine. The waiter came, poured two glasses out of four, plonked the wine on the table and walked off. At this point we all just started laughing as it was ridiculous. The food was nice enough and we all were happy with the standard, but that alone just doesn't make up for all the hassle of the poor service. I did go in again a few weeks later for a coffee and while the person who I assumed was the manager on duty looked at me and then studiously ignored me while he wrote on his chalkboard. The waitress serving served another table who came in after me and in the end I had to wave to get their attention, which was slow and resigned. Even for a £1 I won't be visiting this place again.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

Wow...am I still smiling that the original destination was so packed that my party went in search of another place and found Florio!! -- It was our good luck for sure....
I had the roasted beet salad with rocket in a delicious dressing.
For the main, I had Kudgeree that was deliciously prepared ...that poached egg on top was brilliantly pulled off for sure...just a slight pierce and that yolk enveloped the dish so wonderfully.
Oh the rhubarb crumble and cinn, ice cream was so good too...just the right balance of tart and sweet...a great way to end the meal.