Florio Bar & Kitchen
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Went for lunch there last week and one of the meals was all wrong as the chef had decided to change some of the ingredients without informing the waiting staff. We were asked to try them again and that we would get a free dish/£10 off. Went today and the food was perfect (we had the cheese souffle and omelette). And as additional bonus, the whole lunch was free, not just one meal, which we thought was excellent customer service. It also means we will definitely come back!

Reviewed 17 May 2013

I've come here quite regularly for lunch over the last several weeks and I've not been let down once. The quality of the food is way above what you get in the pubs and restaurants around that area, whereas the prices are extremely modest (£5 lunch offer). The service was always friendly and attentive. I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

Lovely surprise. I went to Florio with my parents for a my mom's birthday and we had a lovely evening.
Overall the food was excellent. We opted for the a la carte menu instead of the set menu. The portions were very generous and the food very tasty. I had a good steak cooked the way I asked it while my parents enjoyed their mature cheddar souffle and Artichoke risotto. The wine list is complete and of quality.
The staff was friendly and helpful...the waitor's advice on the wine was very good. The place was busy with groups of different ages, giving to the whole place a buzzing and pleasant atmosphere. I will probably come back to Florio for lunch as I am working close enough to the restaurant.

Reviewed 6 May 2013

Office lunch with more than 20 of us. We Pre-oredered our food at their insistence and it took three quarters of an hour to arrive. We are an office within one minute from the restaurant and you would think it was in their interest to be obliging with an eye on future business. Not a bit of it. The food was very mediocre and when one of our party complained that her order was incorrect she was faced with an argument with the waitress who tried insisting it was correct. Well, it wasn't, and after the battle the correct order arrived literally with a 'bang' as the food was slammed on the table.
None of us will ever go there again and anybody thinking of going there would be well advised to reconsider.
At a time when everybody has to try that little bit harder to please and to provide food and service which represents not just good value, but friendly and courteous service, this place failed on all counts. Do not waste your time or money.

Reviewed 23 April 2013

The visit to Florio was overall good. The restaurant is very clean and nicely decorated, even a bit posh. Our table was perfectly for our small group and we decided all on the set menu which only had 2 main courses on offer. At first the pork dish was not available, but minutes later it was suddenly on offer again. The quality of food (salad, pork stew or créme brulée) was satisfying. The aubergine salad was relatively large, the pork stew relatively small. As the stew was served on a rice bed in a bowl it was hard to get the rest of the rice out of it. But we did not get a spoon. The créme brulée was a bit too liquid, but tasty. We felt that the wines were overpriced.

The main courses from the normal menu are quite expensive, it would have been good to see the portion sizes to compare them to our set menu. In the beginning you get 4 different menus per person which is not convenient at all and feels like in an office. The music in the background varies a lot and it is not easy to get the aim of the restaurant. The bill includes a 10% service charge, but at the end it states "Service not included" which is contradicting. Generally, service charges are needless. The customer has the right to tip whatever he/she feels is appropriate.