“Best morning coffee stop in Oxford”
Review of Florio Bar & Kitchen - CLOSED

Florio Bar & Kitchen
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I love Florios. It does great coffee(very cheaply) in the morning. It has a lovely slightly luxurious atmosphere but without the snooty service that sometimes goes with this- the staff are great and always greet you with a smile even when you have a kid in tow. Highly recommended!

2  Thank GPHerts

Reviewed 12 July 2013

I went here with a friend for breakfast at 9.30. Service was a bit sluggish - not giving us menus fast enough yet not busy. We both asked for scrambled eggs - partly because they are a good test of a cook - and I specifically asked the waitress if she could ensure they were not hard lumps but soft and creamy. She looked quizzically at me as if she did not really get what I was talking about. When they were arrived, they were disgusting - as if microwaved, all stuck together. The bacon was very limpid, not crisp at all - just this side of done. This really is not good enough for somewhere that is charging well over a fiver for eggs on toast. Very disappointing. It feels very corporate inside too - like the inside of a shop with lots of 'caterer's furniture'..

Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

This was the sophisticated restaurant with decent tableware, service and food to its sister joint across the road. And then came the crowds (and the chaos) that are inherent in a £5 lunch offer. I should be delighted to see ribeye on such an offer menu but I'd have happily paid 100x that just for a decently cooked piece of meat.

1  Thank katiclio
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I was looking for a special occasion to arrange for my wife for our first engagement anniversary. She loves Florios, so I contacted them to see if they would be able to do a cocktail making session for two. We went on a Tuesday evening which worked well as it wasn't too busy, and were given a glass of prosecco to start with. We then made our first cocktails - Joe asked us whether we would like to make one from the menu, or off the menu and we chose the latter as it was more fun. We had great fun making and shaking our cocktails, and Joe was great at letting us do it all with him advising and coaching. We then had a three course meal followed by a final cocktail making session. It was a lovely and memorable evening and I would highly recommend the experience!

2  Thank Jamie D
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I went to florios hearing from other people its meant to be good. Had breakfast here one morning and the service was very poor. The drinks took a long time, alongside the food. When the food did arrive their was a hair in our food. Once we told the waitress she didn't seem bothered at all.
We also thought we would give it another try on another day, and ordered food once again. The staff didn't even acknowledge we were their and it took ourselves to ask them for a drinks menu and food menu, we then had to ask them if we could order food. The food hadn't come out and it was 45 minutes at this point since we ordered it, we asked the waiter to check how long it would be, and he said one moment, ten minutes later, the food and waiter still didn't come, we ended up walking out, and told the waitress we were leaving, and again she was not bothered. It was a huge disappointment considering the location. Do not go here. The service was appalling!!!!

2  Thank dubaifanatic