“Great Dinner” 4 of 5 bubbles

The One Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #111 of 622 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: An incredible fusion of Asian and English food! Fabulous service, beautiful presentation, and the food is delicious! They also have a ovely garden for outdoors eating.
Malta
“Great Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Went there for a quick dinner. Food was very good and service also. Waiter was very nice to us (sorry didn't get his name) and made sure to provide us with great service. We ordered salmon with rice and beef with vegetable rice. Portions were good and food was fresh and well presented. They also had some real nice cocktails which i would recommend to try. Price is reasonable and would recommend for a nice dinner with friends or family. Very close to centre of the city so easy to walk to. Parking near by as well.

• Visited April 2014

Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Birthday meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

We had booked this restaurant following an afternoon exploring Oxford. Enjoyed the food, which is a mix of asian and english with something for everyone. Staff were very polite. However, the service of the food was disjointed with main dishes arriving five minutes before rice, etc and one of our party waiting 15 minutes longer than the others for his meal. They did produce a lovely cocktail for my daughter which was complimentary and she really enjoyed!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Linda M
“Oxfords No.1 One.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

This is our third Chinese style meal this week the first was at an Oxford restaurant that in the past we have raved about this time not even worth writing about.
The second was a take-away from our local Green Asian which as usual was excellent but is not included as a review category.
The third was a return to The One and we were not disappointed, my daughter had given us a gift voucher for Christmas, and to our horror we discovered that it had recently expired.
This was no problem for the extremely courteous and attentive staff, who remembered me from a previous visit and allowed us to use the voucher.
We visited early in the evening already the place was busy and bubbling with a nice atmosphere, with the Chu family celebrating a Birthday.
Many of the other tables were in use, it is always good to see Chinese people as customers as well as English, although busy this did not distract the staff from individual attention to all our needs.
We decided on the leave it to the chef banquet, and did he do us proud, first came mixed starters of Ribs in BBQ sauce, Satay skewered chicken, chicken wings, spring rolls and chilli sauce on a bed of vegetables all beautifully presented and delicious as were all the other dishes.
Next came Duck hand chopped at the table with the obligatory pancakes and spring onions and cucumber with hoisin sauce.
The banquet continued with a splendid sweet and sour chicken in the best sauce ever, the sizzling beef dish and yet another amazing Duck in plum sauce with egg fried rice, the Duck being the most tender I have ever tasted.
The last time we were at The One I had the most incredible Crem'e Brulle unfortunately tonight it was sold out, due to a previous customer eating 7 at one sitting I hope he was sick.
My wife settled for double Bannana Movenpick ice cream with little cartoon faces carved into the side fruits, just to show the fine detail The One chefs go to satisfy the customer.
I decided against dessert and went for a double Irish Coffee, if this was sold on draught I would not have had my 2 pints of Stella Artois, this with my wives 2 halves of Carlsberg brought my bill to respectable 71.00, worth every penny at this jewel in the crown of Oxford restaurants, The One No.1!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank alancoleman
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Have been in this restaurant couple of times. Once with family and once with only two of us.
The food is great, service a little bit slow but worth waiting.
On our last visit we decided to go for the mixed chef's special for £22.50 per person and it was worth every penny!
Plate with 4-5 mixed starters followed by crispy duck and 3 different main courses along with fried rice.
The location is also good as it is close to town centre but still away from all the noise and crowds of Saturday night.
Loved it!

• Visited March 2014
Oxford, United Kingdom
“21st Birthday - Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

This place is really amazing. From start to finish the service was fantastic. The staff here were so accommodating and nothing was too much trouble. Candy was a great help when I went into the restaurant a month in advance and discussed my requirements, she offered to organise some set menus for me to look over. I was looking for a restaurant to host my sisters 21st birthday meal and this place was perfect. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff, unlike some of the other places I had contacted in Oxford. They were just brilliant.The waiting staff did a great job considering how busy the place was on the night. They also put up balloons for my sister and gave her a fantastic cocktail which was a really nice touch. They have a huge Garden out the back so this would be lovely in the summer to. I will definitely be returning to 'The One Oxford' in the future and would recommend this place over any other Chinese cuisine in oxford by far. Thank you too all the staff that worked on the 15.02.14

• Visited February 2014