“Lovely food”

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
“Lovely food”
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

A rare child free night calls for a meal out and we selected Asian Mama on the strength of the menu and the occupants inside eating and queuing for takeaway - we were not disappointed. It's not high end - so paper tablecloths but the food was amazing. We shared duck pancakes to start, followed by egg fried rice and chilli beef (crisp, flavoursome), chicken in blackbean ( plentiful, crisp vegetables too) and pork in garlic and ginger (superb!). All generous portions and part of a set menu (B) at £12.80 a head. Brilliant value and the service was great, polite and friendly. Drinks expensive £3.30 for half a pint, but can not fault the food - plus they offered to pack up the leftovers without prompting. Can't wait to return.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Friendly place”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Popped in on a Sunday evening only 3 other diners but all chinese (usually a good sign). Very prompt polite service and decent food and portion sizes. Took pot luck on this restaurant having just dropped my daughter off to Uni so was pleasantly surprised.

• Visited September 2013
“WOW!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Super Food, well served, in fact I cant find any negative for this one, its now my go to for Chinese food its a little more expensive than some of it competitors but the food is worlds apart I guarantee you'll want more and if your in to salt and pepper wings your in for a treat!!

Visited September 2013
newcastle
“Food good but poor grasp of English.”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Shared a duck starter (plentiful) and then shared a mixed meat curry, sweet and sour chicken, rice and chips. Plentiful food. Too many chips, I would've liked a half portion option. Service was good, although the two waitresses were also doing take away too! I stated that the sweet and sour sauce was very spicy and appeared to be with chilli. I was told not, but later the first waitress had to ask the other one to speak to me, as she couldn't express herself in English. It transpires that I had garlic and chilli, rather than sweet and sour!! I was given the bill. But after I paid by credit card, their lack of English became more apparent. I went to keep the bill, but they tried to take it away. I said I wanted to keep it, but they said I couldn't. Then they tried to reprint my credit card receipt. Or handwrite another. I said I wanted the original. Eventually they realised what I was saying and said they needed it to show their boss! So I gave up. We had gone round in circles for awhile. Their English was adequate if you keep to the menu only! No discount for the wrong meal either!

• Visited August 2013
“Poor customer service”
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

Ordered a take away for delivery to our house and once it was delivered I found my wonton soup floating at the bottom of the bag as the lid had broken and the food Luke warm. I called Asian mama and they said there was nothing they could do for me, and having asked if they would replace it, have a free one on next order or get a discount they said no. I told them They would loose my custom and i was then offered a free wonton soup next time, unfortunately the customer service was poor and first impressions count, my husband and I were not impressed.

Visited July 2013