“Best ice creamery outside Italy”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mumu's Gelataria Cafe - CLOSED

Mumu's Gelataria Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe, Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Best ice creamery outside Italy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

I learned how to make ice cream as a kid. Mr Gizzi had an ice cream parlour in the High Street, and a small factory in the town. My parents bought wholesale and it was my job to carry the boxed quarts of Mr Gizzi's frozen heaven to their shop. Generously he shared the recipes with me and I've been something of a connoisseur ever since.

This longwinded preamble is meant to give authority to my belief that Mumu dispenses the most delicious ice creams that I've eaten outside Italy. Naturally my own hazelnut ice cream is the best I've eaten outside Italy, but Mumu is a close second and they deserve every success.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Marandker

“Excellent Gelato - Friendly Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Fast and friendly service; delicious ice-cream. Favourite combinations: Hazelnut scoop plus Pistachio scoop; chocolate scoop plus coffee scoop. I prefer my ice-cream in tubs, so I'm delighted, but my friends like cones, so they're happy too. Good coffee served as a fine supporting act. Try it!

1 Thank Alastair M