Malmaison Oxford Castle
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$453
US$165
US$121
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Oxford(Oxford)(Great Value!)
US$111
Official Site
US$137
  • Breakfast included
3,192 results
All reviewsconverted prisoncell roomsroll top bathcell blockunique hotelexercise yardsuperior cellpizza expresssunday stopoveroriginal cellsmain prisonporridgespecial occasionbirthday treatcooked breakfastcar parkingcity centre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

We had a lovely weekend stay here for my husbands 40th. After much research I booked the hotel and was overall very impressed. I read several negative comments on tripadvisor about the poor service but we only experienced excellent service. The food on the restaurant was really lovely and again, the service excellent. The inclusive breakfast was wonderful too. Nice rooms which were well equipped. Couldn't really fault anything. Only thing I would moan about is the expensive parking charges for simply parking outside the hotel. This added a hefty chunk onto our hotel bill but maybe all hotels are the same? Great stay and I would recommend definitely.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night (Saturday ). Room was a bit basic and for the price (£300 plus) expected a bit more but ok for 1 night. The area adjacent to the hotel is lively with numerous bars so a good location for a fun weekend .

Had room service and the food and service was ok but did not eat elsewhere in the hotel so cannot comment further.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Paul W, General Manager at Malmaison Oxford Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear CAandfamily,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am sorry you found that the room in the hotel was basic for the price paid though was pleased you enjoyed the location.

We do hope that you will choose to return in the future, we have a host of promotions open on the website if you're looking for a great deal.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 17 June 2014

i was taken here for my birthday meal and wished i was staying! the food was lovely and service was great, was suprised how reasonable it was also! This is now me new favorite place and i will be going again very soon

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear newy0rksam,

Thanks for the review, always delighted to read about our guests great experiences! I'm glad we are now a feature in your favourite places, I guess that means we'll see you again soon.

We look forward to it!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

A potentially beautiful hotel- cleverly converted and very well placed but...

...whilst the room was good and in the main building- the promised quality toiletries are average and quite blokeish in scent. No hair conditioner which was a pain, room nibbles etc are really really expensive. The bedding is lovely but the room is very very hot at night.

The bar, especially roof top is lovely, and the cocktails are interesting and well presented.

I really wouldn't bother with the brasserie. Very expensive and mediocre- go to Prezzo or The Slug and Lettuce next door for similar food and a buzzier atmosphere. Also- as a guest I tried to book a table for 8pm that night to be told they were very busy- at that point happily settled for 7.45pm and thought no more about it until 8pm+ when the place was very very quiet and virtually empty! What was that about?

I had paid for a continental breakfast...no cheese or meat to be seen....so pastries and cereals- nice but....

Individual staff are very helpful but overall it feels overpriced, and as if it promises more than it delivers based on being in a very interesting building that has been beautifully converted.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jean T

Dear Jean T,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review with your thoughts of your stay. I was pleased you liked the hotel and location though I am sorry you found the toiletries to be lacking - this is unusual feedback for us though I will continue to monitor our guests reaction in this regard.

With your feedback and feedback of a similar nature we have now added a selection of cheese and meats to the continental breakfast options.

We are always working to improve and are always pleased for our guests feedback. Hopefully you will see the benefits of this on your return.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

So I booked here for my 1st wedding anniversary.... We entered the entrance and my first thought was WOW until I saw the long queue for check in! After 45 minutes we were checked in.... The room was ok it didn't fully impress me but was a higher standard than I have had before. There are extras (mini bar /snacks) that are charged at an expensive amount...... So to be fair it was a once in a lifetime experience but I wouldn't pay that much again to stay

• Stayed: March 2014