Malmaison Oxford Castle
US$279
US$141
US$121
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Oxford(Oxford)(Great Value!)
US$103
Agoda.com
US$160
US$155
Official Site
Premier Inn Oxford Hotel(Oxford)(Great Value!)
US$88
PremierInn.com
3,219 results
All reviewsconverted prisoncell roomsroll top bathcell blockunique hotelexercise yardsuperior cellpizza expresssunday stopoveroriginal cellsmain prisonporridgespecial occasionbirthday treatcooked breakfastcar parkingcity centre
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Great atmosphere and design, has real wow factor when your arrive.
But - I stayed when there was a corporate function on, and the music and noise from the crowd in the bar was so loud in my room sleep was impossible. Management didn't care and had no solution : ("complain to the,organisers") and refused to assist beyond dispensing the advice that "you should have requested a quiet room" (- actually I expect a quiet room, how weird is that?)).

By all means visit as the building is great, but I'd recommend you visit for a meal or drink, and stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room as far away from the bar as possible - or book elsewhere !
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank avonside
Paul W, General Manager at Malmaison Oxford Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear avonside,

I would be very pleased to speak with you with regards to your experience at the hotel.

Presently, it is my understanding that you were a part of the function that was taking place, and the guests of the function were placed in the rooms that would be affected by noise - a fact that was agreed with the organiser from the outset when booking the event.

Please do contact me and let me know if this was not the case, as can be viewed from our other feedback noise is certainly not normally an issue at the hotel and I am truly sorry if we had contributed to this experience. Poor experiences and subsequent negative reviews are truly damaging to the hotel and in the first instance I would have hoped that the organisers of the event would have discussed this with you.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I booked this hotel for stay in Oxford for my family from China. They very much enjoyed the stay, it has a lovely atmosphere with a special history. Good wifi. They said that the hotel staff are very nice and friendly, also liked the bar and breakfast. Thank you to the reception desks staff including Kate who offered to help my family with directions in Chinese.

will recommend to friends in the future.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear 885Chen74,

Thank you for the great feedback, the team will be delighted to read that you enjoyed the service within the hotel.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

A former jail that has been converted with taste, ingenuity (and money) into a wonderful boutique hotel, in the heart of the city.
the thick prison walls reduce ambient sound, creating a very tranquil environment.
Good service helpful staff; highly recommended.
(But pricey!)

Room Tip: there seems to be a large variation in size of rooms. my first room was on the 1st floor which turned out to be below grade with other hotel patrons yards away from my windows. I asked to be moved and ended up with a much improved room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear 10izboy,

Thank you for taking the time to write with your feedback, it was great to read that you enjoyed every element of your stay with us.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed in à room at The 5th floor And My Friend in à bigger room downstairs which was very cold but very spacious And had 2 tv s , à separate room And nespresso coffee maker , which i had thougth was available in all rooms . The bed in My room was very comfortable though The light came in very Early And Woke me up co's i couldnt reach for The schutters, The rooms are very nicely done And The restaurant was good And service As well , Nice staff , good breakfast , though not included in The 395£ per night . For staying 1 night with 2 people in 2 rooms we had spend over 900£ On stay with breakfast And dinner . I think THE rooms are overpriced And should include at least breakfast for That rate .
But had à very lovely stay As THE Weather was really lovely !

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

From booking to departure faultless. After I booked I emailed the hotel regarding car parking and as I wanted to arrive about 11.30 they replied almost instantly, it would be no problem to use the car park from that time. We arrived at approx 11.30 went to leave keys and bags and was checked in as our room was ready. The weekend was a surprise for my husband for our 15 year wedding anniversary well the look on his face as we stepped out of the lift was priceless he was amazed. The room was fantastic not dark at all as some people have said in previous reviews, it had everything you would expect. The bathroom had a large roll top bath and walk in shower area. We ate in the restaurant on Sunday night the food was delicious and plenty of choices, extensive wine list. We had after dinner cocktails in the bar on the 3rd floor it had a lovely atmosphere. Lots of photo opportunities at the different areas of the prison..check out was smooth the bill was correct and the car was brought to the front door for us.The hotel definitely lived up to my expectations and I will now have to work my way through the rest of the malmaison chain!! Thanks for a great weekend

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank harrilo

Dear harrilo,

Thank you for taking the time to write following your experience at the hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your experience at the hotel and hope to see you again soon.

Warm Regards