“Excellant tour of Oxford”

Walking Tours of Oxford
Book In Advance
More Info
US$24.68*
and up
'Inspector Morse,' 'Lewis,' and 'Endeavour...
Ranked #1 of 48 Tours in Oxford
More attraction details
Owner description: Choose to join a group tour such as 'Simply Oxford', Morse/Lewis and Endeavour or Simply Oxford + Christ Church or book you own private, guide for a bespoke tour with a qualified green badge guide. I can also offer tours further afield - Bampton (Downton Abbey), The Cotswolds, Bath, Stonehenge and Salisbury. Specialist tours include Harry Potter, Family tours, Gargoyles and Grotesques, Twilight Oxford, Children Stories, Film Sites and a personal favourite - Morse, Lewis and Endeavour!
Reviewed 20 March 2014

This tour was booked as part of team building exercise at work. Heidi was very flexible with the times of booking of this tour and tailored the tour to meet our needs. There were some adjustments made to accommodate the opening times of the colleges as we wanted to go inside. We were a mixed group with three locals, non-locals and one foreign national. The tour was perfect for all and the information and sights covered were outstanding. Heidi is such a lovely lady who obviously enjoys what she does as you can see the passion for the subject in her demeanour.
Thank you Heidi for making the tour so enjoyable and fun to listen to. It was great to be able to piece previous history knowledge to the sights of Oxford and to walk away with even more interesting facts. Very informative tour and highly recommended.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
HeidiBoon, Owner at Walking Tours of Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Mindy,
Thank you so much for posting this review, it is greatly appreciated! It was lovely to meet you all and show you a little of Oxford and even finding a few things for the locals! Shame it was a little cold but at least it was dry! Thank you again for booking with me. With kindest regards Heidi

All reviews
"interesting facts"
in 15 reviews
"enjoyable tour"
in 11 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
"hour tour"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 1 March 2014

On a rather wet and cold day Heidi brought a lot of warmth and even a little magic into a great tour of the Oxford colleges. Having toured our american visitors around every national trust property in the South East poor Heidi had the task of revitalising our interest in anything remotely historic, not an easy task with a couple of under tens and two teenagers. However with one wave of her brolly "Expelliarmus" our college tour became a Harry Potter delight for the children interspersed with just enough facts, anecdotes and stories to keep us all fascinated. All rounded of by an excellent recommendation for lunch at the Turf Tavern where Bill Clinton had some of his first brushes with the truth!

We honestly cannot recommend Heidi enough to anyone wanting to get in behind those college gates.

HeidiBoon, Owner at Walking Tours of Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time and finding me on TripAdvisor and writing this review, it is greatly appreciated.
I am so glad that you enjoyed visiting Oxford and the tour, I consider that I have the best job in the world as it is always so great to meet people like yourselves!
With very best wishes, Heidi

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I was taking my sister to Oxford as a Christmas/Birthday treat so was extremely concerned that everything was just right. I had been to Oxford before but not really had a chance to explore much and my sister had never been before. I found Heidi via a google search and booked her by e-mail. The booking process was easy. Communication with Heidi was great. We weren’t sure at first what we wanted to see but Heidi made the process of choosing what sort of tour to take us on very easy by her various suggestions. We decided on a College, Morse, Endeavour with a bit of Harry Potter thrown in tour! It was a personal tour with just me and my sister.

Heidi suggested an extremely convenient meeting point. Even pointing out somewhere for coffee should we be early. We text her when we got to the coffee shop and she came in and met us there. She briefly went over what the tour would involve asking if we had any specific areas we wished to visit.

The information Heidi gave us was informative, interesting, sometimes amusing. All the history, current news, information and famous stories were all geared to our interest. She gave us plenty of time to take photos, ask questions whilst moving the tour on so that we saw the maximum amount of Oxford in the two hour tour. In a very short time we felt like we were out with a very good friend who just happened to know an enormous amount about Oxford! Her knowledge and enthusiasm was extraordinary. Not only did she provide lots of information about the areas she guided us through she suggested places for lunch, evening meals, coffee, shops, other colleges and other attractions including best times to visit them all. I would highly recommend Heidi’s tour.

Thank you so much Gaynor for taking the time to write this review, it is so greatly appreciated. It was so fabulous to meet you both and a real pleasure to show you Oxford. Thank you for the photos .. I love them! With very best wishes Heidi

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I recently visited Oxford with a group of friends and fell in love with the city and with all that our tour guide told us. Heidi was absolutely fabulous at cluing into what we wanted to see and where we wanted to go. It felt like she personally tailored the tour just for us! I really loved the trivia she knew about all of the famous authors, movies, and academics. For a group of students who only had time for a quick adventure in a beautiful city,...it was perfect! We learned so much and loved seeing all there was to see in 1 1/2 hours!

HeidiBoon, Owner at Walking Tours of Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear Holly,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review, it is greatly appreciated.
It was such a pleasure to meet you and the whole group and to show you a little of Oxford and I am thrilled that you enjoyed the tour.
With best wishes