“Wonderful Oxford walking tour! May 28, 2014”

Walking Tours of Oxford
US$148.63*
Oxford Private Bespoke Walking Tour
Ranked #2 of 47 Tours in Oxford
More attraction details
Owner description: Choose to join a group tour such as 'Simply Oxford', Morse/Lewis and Endeavour or Simply Oxford + Christ Church or book you own private, guide for a bespoke tour with a qualified green badge guide. I can also offer tours further afield - Bampton (Downton Abbey), The Cotswolds, Bath, Stonehenge and Salisbury. Specialist tours include Harry Potter, Family tours, Gargoyles and Grotesques, Twilight Oxford, Children Stories, Film Sites and a personal favourite - Morse, Lewis and Endeavour!
Reviewed 1 June 2014

On a cold and rainy day this tour was a wonderful way to see and learn about the history of Oxford and it's renowned university. Our guide, Bella did a superb job of guiding us through several colleges and historical buildings. To spite the weather, we wished we had planned for more than a 90 minute tour. Heidi was a delight to work with in setting up our tour and was completely flexible when we had to make a few last minute adjustments. Thanks for turning a gloomy day into the highlight of our time in Oxford!
Jeanne G

HeidiBoon, Owner at Walking Tours of Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Jeanne,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write tho review, it is greatly appreciated.

It was so wonderful to read that you had an enjoyable tour of Oxford with Bella despite the rain!

I hope that you have now recovered from your transatlantic flights and that the sun is shining for you in California?

With very best wishes

Heidi and Bella

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I organised this trip for my 8 year old God daughter thinking it wouldn't be my thing but how wrong I was! Ten minutes in we were both hanging onto every word. It was fantastic! and my Goddaughter was still raving about it 2 days later. Heidi bought the tour to exactly the right level for an 8 year old, but still had lots of interesting facts for me. She suggested places for pictures to be taken, and even took some of us,
Heidi was so knowledgeable about everything from the dining hall at Christchurch involving Alice in Wonderland,to the Narnia stories, we were both transfixed! It was action packed and did not disappoint, I am planning to go back with some other grown ups and do another walking tour as Heidi can adapt to whatever is suitable on the day, book it you won't be disappointed, I for one will definitely go back for a bespoke walking tour. Thank you Heidi you made Madison's day, it was something she will never forget

1  Thank Dawn_Sunrise
HeidiBoon, Owner at Walking Tours of Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Dawn,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review which is greatly appreciated.

I am so pleased that you had a good time and both enjoyed the tour with me, it really was a pleasure to meet you both and I love my photo of me and 'Hermione'!

I look forward to seeing you again one of these days!

In the meantime, have a totally fabulous Summer!

Heidi

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I am delighted to write this recommendation in support of the Oxford walking tours of Heidi, a guide whom our study abroad programme has contracted on a number of occasions recently. Our students absolutely adore Heidi who has the ability to combine history with fiction, including Harry Potter and, for myself, as the group leader, snippets of Inspector Morse. I cannot recommend enough Heidi, she is thorough, engaging and very considerate, certainly among the best of the walking tour guides who are currently available in Oxford.

Dr Jill Fenton,
Resident Programme Director
University of Connecticut in London

Dear Jill,

Thank you so much for posting this review, it is greatly appreciated.

As always, it was a pleasure to see you on 24th May and they were a great group that certainly seemed to love the Harry potter tree!

Very much looking forward to see you and a new group on 28th June!

Until then … with very best wishes

Heidi

Reviewed 20 March 2014

This tour was booked as part of team building exercise at work. Heidi was very flexible with the times of booking of this tour and tailored the tour to meet our needs. There were some adjustments made to accommodate the opening times of the colleges as we wanted to go inside. We were a mixed group with three locals, non-locals and one foreign national. The tour was perfect for all and the information and sights covered were outstanding. Heidi is such a lovely lady who obviously enjoys what she does as you can see the passion for the subject in her demeanour.
Thank you Heidi for making the tour so enjoyable and fun to listen to. It was great to be able to piece previous history knowledge to the sights of Oxford and to walk away with even more interesting facts. Very informative tour and highly recommended.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
HeidiBoon, Owner at Walking Tours of Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Mindy,
Thank you so much for posting this review, it is greatly appreciated! It was lovely to meet you all and show you a little of Oxford and even finding a few things for the locals! Shame it was a little cold but at least it was dry! Thank you again for booking with me. With kindest regards Heidi

Reviewed 1 March 2014

On a rather wet and cold day Heidi brought a lot of warmth and even a little magic into a great tour of the Oxford colleges. Having toured our american visitors around every national trust property in the South East poor Heidi had the task of revitalising our interest in anything remotely historic, not an easy task with a couple of under tens and two teenagers. However with one wave of her brolly "Expelliarmus" our college tour became a Harry Potter delight for the children interspersed with just enough facts, anecdotes and stories to keep us all fascinated. All rounded of by an excellent recommendation for lunch at the Turf Tavern where Bill Clinton had some of his first brushes with the truth!

We honestly cannot recommend Heidi enough to anyone wanting to get in behind those college gates.

HeidiBoon, Owner at Walking Tours of Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time and finding me on TripAdvisor and writing this review, it is greatly appreciated.
I am so glad that you enjoyed visiting Oxford and the tour, I consider that I have the best job in the world as it is always so great to meet people like yourselves!
With very best wishes, Heidi