“A Wonderful Step Back in Time”
Review of Worcester College

Worcester College
Ranked #28 of 177 things to do in Oxford
Droitwich, United Kingdom
71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 149 helpful votes
“A Wonderful Step Back in Time”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Classic "old English" academic institution. A living museum. A surprisingly interesting place to walk around.

Visited May 2013

• Polish first
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“My tour of Worcester College”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

While visiting Oxford, UK in August, I was fortunate to be taken on a tour through Worcester College.

My tour started with a walk through the gardener’s area where they usually have plants blooming in the glass house but at present the gardeners are on holidays, so the glasshouses were bare. We walked through the majestic orchards where there were various types of apple trees, pear trees and fig trees. We walked on with my guide pointing our various interesting medieval buildings etc. Let me say that Worcester College is beautiful; the buildings are beautifully preserved, the gardens are stunning with beautiful trees, flower beds, small bridges crossing parts of the lake and a flowing brook which cascades over a ledge. The grounds resemble a huge park, centred around a large lake which is full of fish. Between buildings there is a huge quadrangle/courtyard where the lawn is perfect - green lush and perfectly mowed, leaving diamond patterns on the lawn. I took so many photos as every area was a picture in itself. Our final stop was Worcester College Chapel. Oh! inside those doors, I was speechless as it is so absolutely stunningly beautiful. The walls and ceilings are covered in magnificent fresco type paintings. It is only a small chapel but just beautiful. I loved my tour of Worcester College.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Ross-Lyn B
Woodstock
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Beautiful grounds”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I went on a rainy day but the college grouds are so beautiful, it did not matter. The college is quite large and deceiving from the outside. The grounds are well manicured and on the day of my visit quite beautiful with lots of flowers in bloom.

Visited October 2013
Forster, Australia
112 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“An unexpected delight.”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

While walking back to the railways station on a day trip from London, we noticed a sign out side saying 'open to the public'. We walked thought the archway to the beautiful courtyard with the most perfect lawn I have ever seen. The ancient grey buildings on the left reminded me of "The Hobbit" and were quite different in style to the buildings facing them. The grounds are some of the best in Oxford and you can visit for free. Stunning.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank bitey27
zwolle
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

When you step in it's like you are somewere else.. It's grand. A beautiful garden, the huge buildings. The difference between the buildings (old and really really old) is nice.

Visited September 2013