Red Mullions
  • Pool
US$127
US$107
Agoda.com
Holiday Inn Oxford(Oxford)(Great Value!)
US$104
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
US$126
Official Site
All reviewsguest housejohn radcliffe hospitalthe busoxford brookesblack boysky tvheadington shopscity centrefamily roombreakfast was deliciousbiscuitseggs benedictfull englishfantastic stayhome from homebusy roadfrequent buses
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I was a woman staying on my own in Oxford for work and had a wonderful time. The hosts were so kind and friendly and allowed me to stay in the room when I was unwell during the week and made sure I was looked after without intruding. The B&B itself is very tastefully decorated with a modern theme, but still very welcoming. I got the impression that whether you were a solo traveller working or a large family you would be all be very welcome.

The room was incredibly clean and comfortable and the power shower was very refreshing after a hectic drive from the West Country. The breakfast is amazing and a wonderful way to start the working day and the team were very flexible in adjusting the times to ensure I had enough time in the morning to enjoy their wonderful cooked feast! I would highly recommend this B&B for anyone working in the Headington vicinity. My fiancé and I are hoping to visit Oxford in the near future and would not hesitate to book in with Red Mullions again. Thank you for a relaxing stay.

Room Tip: I had a room on the top floor with my own bathroom just across the corridor, it was very quiet and a perfect location for escaping from the rest of the world!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
redmullions, Owner at Red Mullions, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear KMB14
We really appreciate you for takingyour valuable time to leave a review and such a positive one too.

We would love for you and your fiance to book our guest house on your next visit to Oxford.
Thank you from all the team.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

My partner an I spent 1 night at Red Mullions. The place is well run, efficient, clean, service was friendly, smooth, there was attention to details. The staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome, even buying goats' milk for my partner. The room was wonderful, very sunny, in the loft with huge skylights. The bed has huge and very comfortable. It is a pity we had so little time. We would definitely consider staying there again. I recommend it highly.

Room Tip: Loft room is quiet but didn't have en-suite, although you do get a bathroom all to yourself and very thick and cosy gowns to wear to the bathroom :-)
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Immie
Thank you for takingthe time leave a positive review following your stay in our one and only (but my favourite!) non en suite room. You've very kindly highlighted the features of the room and for that we would like to thank you for such.

We do hope you get the opportunity to stay with us again in the future.
Regards

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My family of 4 stayed for one night in a family room. The hotel is clean and the manager is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast given is tasty and well-cooked. It is a half hour walk into town or about 5 pounds minicab fare (if you're a family of 4). Oxford is fascinating and full of history. If you're a fan of Colin Dexter and Inspector Morse like me, you'll enjoy it tremendously. Red Mullions seems very popular as there were no vacancies when we arrived so booking ahead may be advisable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
redmullions, Owner at Red Mullions, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear SimSzeKeen
We loved having you all here and really appreciate you taking time out of your busy travels to leave a useful and honest review, much obliged.

Wishing you the very best retrun trip home too.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Our family of four (two adults and our children (23 yrs and 17 yrs) stayed here for one night in the family room, it is a little smaller than the photos would suggest but very well equipped and furnished to a high standard for bed and breakfast accommodation. The wifi works without any fuss or traipsing down to reception to check the password and all the facilities in the room are exactly as described. The room and the en suite bathroom were pristine and we were greeted both on arrival and at breakfast the following morning with genuine friendliness. The beds are quite hard but this is a personal preference and in no way distracts from the thoroughly professional and friendly way this establishment is run. By far the best bed and breakfast I have stayed in and obviously run by people who care about customer satisfaction.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear PKillner
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with included such positive comments which I trust other guests will find useful.

You're spot on with your last sentence....we (all) certainly do!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

My husband, our two boys (8 and 16) and I feel incredibly lucky to have found Red Mullions. It is a very comfortable, clean, and well-appointed Bed and Breakfast. Its location within walkable distance to Oxford with easy access to bus stops makes it all so much better. Breakfasts are also something to look forward to.

We are also grateful for the kind hospitality and attention provided by the owners through their prompt email responses and through visits with us while we were at the B&B. We recommend it highly and we look forward to a return trip.

Room Tip: Take the bus to Oxford.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Bloomingtonfamily
Thanks for your comments and we're especially satisfied with the pre arrival effort we put in liaising with guests with questions about availability and recommendations of how to maximise the short time guests have when on a short visit.

We too look forward to your return trip!