All reviews iffley road the bus city centre attentive hosts minute walk cooked english breakfast front of the house internet access breakfast was excellent family room twin room off street parking bed and breakfast visiting oxford thoroughly enjoyed our stay comfortable stay guest house
Reviewed 26 April 2015

Having read reviews on Trip Advisor I stayed at Heather House overnight before a job interview last week. The B&B's location is easily reachable by foot from the city centre and is very close to a bus stop which would make it very accessible if you didn't fancy walking. Everything about my stay was fantastic; from the warm welcome, to the bright and airy room with an en-suite, to the lovely breakfast in the morning. Lisa and Norman created such a welcoming atmosphere, I even had other breakfast guests wishing me luck for my job interview! Really affordable, good wifi connection and a lovely room. Thanks for having me, I would definitely stay again!

Trip type: Travelled solo
HeatherHouseOxford, Owner at Heather House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2015

That is so Kind, Lucy, hope everything went well, all our best wishes.

Reviewed 23 April 2015

We arrived at midday and were able to park our 2 cars at the B&B saving a fortune on parking fees. Our room was ready so we were given keys and made ourselves a cuppa before walking into Oxford centre. (Plenty of buses going past too if you don't want to walk). Heather House is spotlessly clean, the welcome is warm and the breakfast is tasty!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you all for staying with us and thank you, Anna for taking the time to review us.

Reviewed 20 April 2015

I had an enjoyable couple of nights stay at Heather House. Excellent location within a very short walking distance from centre of Oxford. Norman and Lisa were very helpful and provided a clean, comfy B&B. lovely breakfast, made to own requirements. The only downside to my visit was the renovation works being done on the building. My second days breakfast was spoiled by the hammering and drilling happening through the wall.. I feel that as breakfast finished at nine it wouldn't have been too much to ask for the builders to wait till then to start their work. However, please do not let this put you off staying here (just double check about the work being carried out when booking). I would book into this B&B again if I found myself back in Oxford.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
HeatherHouseOxford, Owner at Heather House, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review and for staying with us. Comments on our builders(lovely lads they are!) noted. All the best, Lisa and Norman

Reviewed 12 April 2015

... only a 10 - 15 minute walk from the centre of Oxford, with parking available (Oxford is not car friendly) Park up and head west along the main road to reach centre Oxford. The guest house is close to Cowley where many different restaurants can be found (just a short walk and outside of the main city centre)

The guest house is run by a friendly couple who offered local advise and cooked a tasty breakfast for us both in the morning.

Our room was clean and tidy and most welcoming with en-suite, TV, WiFi, tea/coffee and towels/bedding.

Would happily return and recommend.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review and for staying with us. Our best wishes, Lisa and Norman

Reviewed 20 March 2015

Norman and Lisa are very helpful and welcoming hosts at this wonderful establishment where we have stayed on a number of occasions. The rooms are well appointed, clean and comfortable and the breakfast, usually cooked by Lisa, is excellent. Heather House is approximately 25 minutes walk from the centre of the fascinating city of Oxford and a regular bus services passes the front of the guest house. We have no hesitation in recommending Heather House to other visitors.

Room tip: Rooms at the side or rear are quieter.
Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you so much, Paul, we look forward to your and Angela's return. Lisa and Norman