“Nice place but nothing special”

Remont Oxford Hotel
Ranked #3 of 44 Hotels in Oxford
Reviewed 3 December 2011

I was there with my girlfriend for 1 night. The room is really nice, big and CLEAN!! Also the bathroom was really good. The breakfast was ok but not so good. Staff was friendly but not really helpful. The location is not the best because it is quite far from the centre and you need the bus or taxi to get there. My room was facing the street and even if it was not too noise the people outside in the bus could see our room.....

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Luca_tnLondon

Reviewed 15 November 2011

our first stay at the Remont but would definitely stay again! Lovely bedroom with excellent facilities. Pretty garden area (if weather had been warmer!) and really well organised and good quality breakfast. Free parking; helpful staff. Excellent bus link down to Oxford centre.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I stayed at the Remont for 4 nights. It is cozy and clean. I was in a very small room the first night and then was moved to a bigger room on the top floor for the remaining nights. They didn't have an alarm clock and since my cell phone doesn't work in the UK, that was annoying. The breakfast was quite good. It was an easy walk to the restaurants/shops in Summertown and easy to get the bus to downtown Oxford. I would stay there again for work or if I was just with my husband--very quiet place, not a place I would take children. The beds in both rooms were very comfortable. There are a number of stairs if that bothers you.

Room Tip: The suite on the 3rd floor was a nice size.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 November 2011

I stayed here on many occasions and always found the staff friendly and most helpful. I often made a last minute booking and they always tried to accommodate me. I probably sampled every room and they are all very spacious, clean, and have the most comfortable beds. The breakfast was always delicious – I wish I didn’t have to leave for the office so early so I could have enjoyed it more often. Hope to return soon!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank HJF249
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Nice and clean hotel with excellent value for money. Very good bus connection to the city centre which is required as I can not recommend to go to the centre by car. The bus stop is just over the street.
I can recommend this hotel if you want to visit Oxford city centre. The free car park is another nice detail.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Saxon70
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Our room was so clean, not huge but we didn't need a big room, bathroom was spotless. Very comfortable bed. Quiet location, we had a room at the back. Very easy to get the bus to Oxford. Taxi home was just under a tenner. The breakfast room was bright and clean. The staff were a real credit to the owners.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank thomsonambra
Reviewed 28 October 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a weekend break with my fiance to sight-see in Oxford. We arrived early at this hotel and were greeted by very friendly staff. Despite arriving earlier than the scheduled check in, our room was ready and we could check in quickly without any fuss.

The room was clean and bright, with pleasant, modern furnishings and was decent size. The bathroom was very small but spotless, with very modern fittings and a great shower. The bed was really comfortable.

As we were only therefore a weekend we didn't spend long in the hotel but noticed that it had a very lovely garden for guests to use. The dinning hall was clean with plenty of room and breakfast was one of the best hotel breakfasts I have had. There was plenty of choice for a full English and a Continental breakfast and it was all cooked wonderfully.

Parking was brilliant with spaces out front and round the back. As we decided to leave the car at the hotel it was helpful to find the bus stop into town about 100 yards from the hotel. The bus took less than 10minutes to reach the centre from the hotel and was really easy.

As someone who likes modern hotels and who is a bit of a clean-freak, this neat, spotless and welcoming hotel was perfect for me and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple