Remont Oxford Hotel
  • Breakfast included
US$165
US$121
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Oxford(Oxford)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$200
US$139
US$116
Agoda.com
All reviewsthe busb bbanbury roadcity centresummer townsuperior roombuffet stylesmall hotelboutique stylebreakfast room istop floorbiscuitsfull englishfrequent bus servicecomfortable bedsshort walkplenty of parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I have to say, the Remont beats the big chain hotels by miles. It is so clean everywhere, very comfortable beds, quality linen, excellent shower, lovely breakfast room and buffet and the staff are welcoming and friendly. It is on a fairly busy road, but we were not disturbed at all. A short bus ride takes you into the centre of Oxford. The one very minor problem was the parking spaces, especially at the back of the hotel - a little bit tight for space. Overall, nothing to fault and highly recommended.

Room Tip: Room 21 is a family room at the back of the hotel, so nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MISSAdventurers
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Stayed here recently with my 15 year old daughter and my Mum for a short break in Oxford for some retail therapy and tours of the colleges. On check in we were early but our room was ready so we were given our keys straight away. The room was really well equipped and very comfortable. Also being very modern and tastefully done. The bathroom was great with a bath and shower and lots of very hot water. The only down side for us was the breakfast. It is a hot and cold buffet style - the hot side was okay but there really wasn't much to get excited about on the cold side. Also the breakfast finishes at 9, which also is fine, but if you go in at just before 9 like we did then you get what is left - they don't replenish. I don't want to sound negative about the Remont because it really is physically a lovely building and convenient for the centre of Oxford but a better breakfast would have made it perfect.

Room Tip: Make sure you get to breakfast early!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank MoryBournemouth
Reviewed 14 February 2012

The Remont is a boutique B&B, styled like a hotel and it was fabulous! We stayed in a large superior room for the weekend of 3rd and 4th Feb 2012 and we had a great time in Oxford and surrounding areas.

The beds are fantastic - huge and comfortable! The shower is very powerful, staff very friendly, food lovely and the whole place is incredibly clean (we went the weekend it snowed and all the paths were cleared by the morning so we could walk across to the breakfast room)

Remont is definitely a place to stay while in Summertown or Oxford.

Take the short walk down the road into Summertown, visit the amazing wine cafe, a lovely Italian called Cibo and the place next door; Portabello Restaurant - all WELL worth a visit! Fabulous food and wine!

We loved it and will be returning!

Room Tip: Superior rooms are bigger with a sofa but I can imagine all the rooms are lovely
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2012

An interesting fusion of traditional B&B and modern hotel. This has a lot to recommened it: comfortable beds, quiet good wifi signal in the rooms, clean well appointed bathrooms. Personally, I hated the faux-70s decor in the bedroom but I guess others may love it. OTOH the sharp functionality of the breakfast room was welcome and the breakfast was very well done.

A little out of oxford, but really not a problem given the good bus service.

The price is very reasonable for what is delivered.

Overall, this is ideal for the business overnighter - I'll be back.

Room Tip: I was at the back of the house which I assume to be quiter than the rooms facing Banbury Road.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank msrbcel
Reviewed 22 January 2012

What a Gem! Reviews of this Hotel do not do it justice. Smart in design, clean, superb breakfast and very knowledgeable staff all make for a wonderful stay. Bonus points for the large choice of TV channels and from what I could tell, a very fast WiFi service.
The only downside was not coming in summer as I can see myself seriously relaxing in the garden with a nice book or notepad if girlfriend allows. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business