“Very nice hotel for an overnight in Oxford”

Remont Oxford Hotel
Ranked #4 of 44 Hotels in Oxford
Bakewell, United Kingdom
“Very nice hotel for an overnight in Oxford”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Walkable distance to time, parking out front, very helpful receptionist, a good experience generally. Hassle-free. Went down with my girlfriend and was part business, part holiday and it was a great place to stay (although a bit loud in the morning)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Polish first
Surrey UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Recently refurbished, The Remont is a lovely property. Bedroom was spotless and comfortable. TV was difficult to view the way it is attached to the wall but as we were not there to watch TV it was fine (room 8). Walked to nearby Mamma Mia's for dinner which was superb. Would recommend this guesthouse

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

We had a lovely stay here, friendly service, super clean rooms, great breakfast. It was a pleasant experience and we definitely will be coming back. The rooms was overlooking the gorgeous garden and it was so nice to wake up with the bird singing in the morning, so relaxing!
Thank you for for everything.

Room Tip: The rooms with garden view are fantastic!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

This was our second time to stay in this very professionally run establishment and hopefully it won't be our last.
The furniture and decoration in this guesthouse is very contemporary and of a very high quality and standard NOT IKEA as some other reviewer wrote in a past review.

We stayed for four nights this time, the bedroom was once again spotlessly cleaned every day, the bathroom was perfect and the shower was very powerful with scalding hot water day and night and ample towels and soaps at hand.

As for the dining room and the breakfast again this is as good as you will get in any upmarket four star hotel,
There was as much food as one could eat with the choice of either European or full English breakfast with tea coffee and toast to beat the band.

I would highly recommend this guest house. You won't be disappointed.

By the way there are no bar facilities in this guest house, therefor in my opinion it should be classed and called a Guest House not a hotel as a hotel should have bar facilities , this seems to be the way in Oxford Guest Houses and B&B's called Hotels?

Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Hadn't been to Oxford before and this small boutique hotel was perfect for us. Based in Summertown, it's on the main Banbury Road about 10 minutes walk from all amenities i.e. shops restaurants etc. Good parking available and the room was comfortable. No bar but on request which we did, they will supply you with ice bucket, glasses etc. so you can drink in your room. The breakfast was lovely, either continental or full English and cannot fault the staff. Nothing was too much trouble and all so polite. There was only one proper pub about 10 minutes away which was a shame but buses go by at very regular intervals into Oxford. All in all, we had a great weekend and would definitely stay here again.

Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

My wife and I just went on a road trip to get away from our work for a while and this hotel was amongst the ones we stayed in as well as Ramada from Kenilworth. By the time we arrived we were exhausted so didn't pay too much attention to detail, but the beds were like heaven. We had a good night in after some pints together.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Was in town just for the night and saw this place on trip advisor. A lot of guests had said it was good value. It just so happened to be very well located for me so I booked it! I arrived late due to a pile up on the motorway and rang to tell them this. They were very understanding and accommodating. There was a car parking space when I arrived. Ten seconds after ringing the bell (because it was after hours) I was let in. The staff were gracious and not overbearing. I was shown to my room. It was small but I thought that this was perfect as I was on my own anyway and it was cosy. It had an array of different lighting to suit how bright you wanted it. The bed was made up beautifully. There were more than enough white fluffy towels. The bathroom was first class! Even the pillows weren't bad any I am extremely picky about these things. I had a very good nights sleep. In the morning I was able to get ready easily as they had thought of everything in the room - there were plugs where I needed them, a bin well placed, a modern dark wood table with a large mirror in front of it - perfect for writing a letter, or in my case doing my hair and make-up. Then it was time for breakfast - which was great! I had mushrooms and eggs and tomato and baked beans with toast, but I could have had yogurt, cereal, breads, pastries or porridge. It was served buffet style and I was given a drink as well - I chose green tea but there was coffee and regular tea as well. All in all I think it was cracking value. I would not hesitate to recommend it to family and friends. I have no qualms. It was all good.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business