“The Best place to stay in Oxford”

Remont Oxford Hotel
Ranked #3 of 45 Hotels in Oxford
Reviewed 17 April 2009

This hotel excells in service, the rooms and public areas are spotlessly clean and the breakfast service is first class.
The hotel is convenient for the huge number of busses that go to the car unfriendly city centre. It is also only a short walk to the Summerton shopping and restaurant area.

1  Thank Helitele

Reviewed 16 April 2009

My husband & I stayed for a long weekend, over the Bank Holiday. The car park was ideal & we could see our car from our room, but it was not noisy from either the road or the car park.
We arrived early & were able to check into our room, without any problem. The en-suite was lovely but when booking, ask if your room has a bath or just the shower. The shower was lovely, but we were doing a lot of walking & cycling & could have done with soaking our tired legs & feet.
Breakfast was delicious. Cereals, fruit juices, fruit, yougurts, cheeses, crosissants, bread as well as full cooked were all available on the self-serve buffet.
Staff were warm, friendly & welcoming & very helpful. The bus service runs along the Banbury road & there's usually a bus every 10 minutes or so, from just across the road taking about 10 minutes into St Giles.

1  Thank AbiKat
Reviewed 14 April 2009

We stayed here over Easter and had a really lovely time. The place is very clean, staff are friendly and the breakfast is really good too.

It's very easy to get into Oxford on one of the many buses from just across the road and it only takes about 10 mins too.

I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone. It's very well decorated and everyone's made to feel very welcome.

1  Thank Ruby06London
Reviewed 12 April 2009

We stayed at the Remont for 2 days and enjoyed every minute of it. This hotel certainly lived up to its reviews! Both my mum and I enjoyed our short stay here.
Although the hotel is a short bus ride away from the city center it was fantastic, clean and the staff were very friendly and provided us with lots of info we required.
The breakfast was excellent. I would certainly recommend this hotel to any one planning to visit Oxford. Thank You Remont!! AS London

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank ACJ77
Reviewed 31 March 2009

This was our second stay at the Remont Hotel following an earlier one back in December 2006. As previously, the location is excellent for visitors arriving by car. The hotel has plenty of parking space and the bus stops for a direct route to and from the city centre are very close by.

We were pleased to find the rooms were still as comfortable, attractive and fresh as on that first visit. Clearly, the owners are careful about maintaining the standards they set from the start. Our superior room was spacious, clean and quiet, exactly what we needed.

I’d appreciate a small fridge for guest use and an extra blanket in the wardrobe, to pull out on colder nights. I’d also appreciate a small night light in the bathroom that could be left on overnight without activating the bathroom fan. All relatively minor issues.

The biggest improvement from our last visit was the quality of the breakfast. On our last visit, many of the hot items were overcooked and rubbery and of very cheap quality. Looking back, perhaps they were understaffed that weekend or management weren’t present, as reviews before and after mine suggest a different breakfast experience. This time breakfast was much better and service more attentive too. We enjoyed good quality bakery items, well-cooked hot items, the normal cereal selection plus some nice fruit juices, fresh fruit and yoghurts. Coffee was fresh and a member of staff came round offering refills regularly.

For evening meals, there is a good choice of restaurants in nearby Summertown, about 10 minutes walk or a couple of stops on the bus. On our previous visit we enjoyed a meal at Xian. This time we, and friends, had an excellent meal (and service) at Joe’s Bar & Grill.

My only negative? The prices seem to be quite a bit higher than they were when just 2 years ago and higher than I’d expect for the out-of-centre location. Then again, it’s all about supply and demand, and perhaps the Remont are able to achieve good occupancy at the published rates. I would recommend that anyone booking last minute (within a week of your stay) do so by phone and negotiate a late booking offer, as we were able to do.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank kavey
Reviewed 19 March 2009

I chose the Remont for my parents because of its location and warmth of its staff and modern décor. Before settling on Remont, I had initially tried a number of other local Hotels, but it must have been the wrong time of day, as they told me to come back another time as they were too busy to show us around. The Remont was different, the courteous Receptionist, although dealing with a check in, allowed me to wait in the lounge area until she was free. At this point I knew this was the place for my parents. The rooms were all decorated to a high standard and kept very clean. My parents could not praise this place enough and especially loved the Breakfast. I feel The Remont helped contribute to a wonderful experience for my parents in Oxford, and I thank all who worked there

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NuGuJu
Reviewed 19 March 2009

The girlfriend and I decided to have a a weekend getaway late last year and chose Oxford. The Remont was our choice after reading TA reviews although not our first choice. So glad we chose this one as it was a converted couple of homes into approx 20 rooms. DO NOT be put of, its one of the best hotels ive ever stayed at anywhere! The room was huge, all your usual mod cons and the bed was large and comfy. Decoration was amazing, very hip and trendy but still in a traditional way.

Breakfast was again amazing and was the best full english ive had anywhere before. Dining area was clean, modern and again suprising to what you see on outside. Car park was small and only about 10 cars can occupy spaces.

Down the road after approx 1mile there are a few nice restaurants where we had a good chinese.

Oxford a few miles away but cheap taxi ride or us.

If you dont mind staying outside Oxford then this is the one, you wont be disappointed.....cracking value and a real gem of a place.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple