“This place rocks!”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We were visiting Oxford on a very cold and windy day, and my daughter and I went into JimBob's just to get something warm to drink. My daughter got into a discussion about how we American's make latte's and how we prefer cream to milk. The next thing I know, she is telling them how to make one to her specifications and they did exactly what they requested. They also gave me good advice on what to order to drink and we had some awesome, awesome sandwiches. This visit to JimBob's was not only excellent in taste, but we had a great bunch of fun AND they didn't seem to mind that we were gawking, American tourists! I would recommend to anyone who is visiting in Oxford and is just looking to sit a while, enjoy the atmosphere, and have some excellent food!

JimandBob, Owner at Jimbob's Baguettes, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Thanks for your kind comments and hope to see you back in if you're in Oxford again. :)

There are newer reviews for Jimbob's Baguettes

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Brilliant little find would thoroughly recommend. Coffee was better then any chain shop and much cheaper. Service was really friendly and welcoming. They even catered for my two young children by cutting the baguettes in two and filling it with their choice of filling! Loved the decoration and the wall art.

1  Thank Kennetttravels

Thanks for your comments. :) Glad we could make your families time at Jimbob's great.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The location is convenient. Great service, delicious food and drinks! Accepts Bitcoin. What else do you want?

Glad you enjoyed your food. We find accepting Bitcoin to be simple and easy and I'm pleased you appreciate it.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

If only we were local, this place is honestly a real find and Oxford is lucky to have it. Perfect for a bite to eat, superb selection, price and service. (There was a student discount too on top of the already excellent value for money meal deal!)
The owner Jim was very welcoming, friendly and down to earth. He made me a delicious tuna salad that was not on the menu and made my partner a baguette to order. We wish this new business every success. I hope they do get a Tripadvisor sticker for the window because people should know about this place! We'll definitely be back if we're ever anywhere near Oxford again!

JimandBob, Owner at Jimbob's Baguettes, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Thanks for the comments. Very pleased that you enjoyed everything and it was no trouble at all to help you find the lunch you wanted. :)

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Having visited to satisfy the hype, I've got to say, we left feeling quite underwhelmed.

The menu was a bit scattered and incoherent. Needs to be be better organised, quite reflective of their online menu page on their website which seems more like an ideas page for the owners own use.

The croissants placed on the left, at chest height, immediately as you go in are not covered. Bear in mind that this place is situated in close proximity to a number of very busy bus stops, we don't think this was adequate to protect against airborne contamination. Although they look good, this very reason dissuaded us from purchasing them.

Baguettes: Were ok not anything to write about, not enough filling used, the quality of the produce used was a mere 3-4/10, flavourless tomatoes, lacklustre iceberg lettuce, avocado pre-chopped in advance, not the nicest tasting cheeses.

Verdict: Not any better than some of the more established sandwich shops about town.
If the owners takes the comments onboard then, with their prominent location, they should do very well.

5  Thank SecretFoodCritique

Thanks for your comments. You will be pleased to know that we have actually started covering our pastries next to the door in the last couple of days. They are all baked fresh in our oven and don't sit there for very long but we felt that some people, like yourselves, might prefer to know they are covered.

Regarding how you felt about the baguettes we are both very surprised. We normally have a joke with our customers about not being able to fit anything else in the baguette as we pack them so much. As to your comments on the tomatoes and salad leaves I am also a little shocked. Our vegetables and salad are all locally sourced daily from Bonners the greengrocers in the covered market. The tomatoes are always top quality and the lettuce crunchy and fresh. I'm afraid being a busy sandwich shop its not always possible to peel and cut every avocado to order as we would lose people from the back of the queue but if you are ever in again we would be happy to do this if requested. :)

I would be interested to know when it was you visited and which sandwiches you ate. I presume you had at least two cheese sandwiches as you mentioned that too. I tried to gather info from your post but it looks like all of your reviews from over the world have been within the last week so I couldn't discern when you came.

Anyway, I hope that if ever in Oxford again you will be willing to try us again as I am confident that you will find that your issues with us have been resolved.

Thanks again