“canoeing the Thames”
Review of Oxford Kayak Tours

Oxford Kayak Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Oxford Kayak Tours run 3 hour guided trips through Oxford.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 10 June 2014

A unique view of some of the best views in Oxford canoeing down the Thames and Cherwell rivers under the expert guidance of Paul. Truly a memorable experience and one to be repeated. Perfect for the novice as well as for the more experienced .Lovely views of University Parks, Magdalen college and bridge , Christ Church meadows and the College boathouses And some gentle exercise as well - what better way to spend a few hours in the City of Dreaming Spires ! Andrew S

Reviewed 7 June 2014

For a first time experience I felt confident & welcome with the guidance of Paul and quickly picked up the technique. The tour itself offered an array of sights that you would otherwise not experience when exploring Oxford. Half way through the tour we had a chance to take a break, before continuing to kayak towards the River Thames. I personally really enjoyed the more overgrown areas where it almost seemed as if we were exploring a rainforest! Overall it was an exciting new experience that I would definitely recommend!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

As a complete novice, I was a little apprehensive about doing this - but it turned out to be great fun! After some instruction from Paul (on land), we launched our kayaks and paddled off up the river, travelling through some beautiful scenery, with the sun shining brightly. There were 10 of us in the group and we stayed fairly close together, with Paul shouting instructions and encouragement from his sleek, black kayak. At one point we had to dodge around several punts and rowing boats, which was a bit of a challenge, then we had a brief stop for a picnic lunch before completing our journey. I would certainly recommend this experience to anyone looking for a novel way to spend an afternoon.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

This was the first time I've been kayaking, and I would definitely go again after my experience with Oxford Kayak Tours. We were really lucky with the weather for our kayaking trip, and managed to travel all the way up the River Thames and Cherwell. Paul, our instructor, was great at helping the group navigate through the punters and various other rowing boats despite the strong currents in places. It was a great introduction to kayaking, with safe sturdy boats and proper safety kit, so I would recommend you try it. Very fun!

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Went kayaking with a group of friends who were all pretty much beginners. It was simple to pick up the technique with help from Paul, who instructed us. The weather was slightly wet but we all got kitted out with water proofs and we were all dry and warm. It was great fun and really nice to see Oxford from a different perspective. Really want to go again!

1  Thank Emma S