“oxford kayak tour”
Review of Oxford Kayak Tours

Oxford Kayak Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Oxford Kayak Tours run 3 hour guided trips through Oxford.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 27 July 2014

what a great chance to try something new and see parts of oxford you would never see on the usual tourist route ,starting on the little river Cherwell . for a complete beginner it is good. Paul is a very experienced instructor and you soon feel at ease on the water ,all equipment is supplied,i would say you would need to be reasonably fit to do this trip,but it's not too strenuous ,going onto the thames is a great place to see the boat houses and all sorts of river craft.this was a day that will not be forgotten.would definately do this trip again

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I had a great afternoon kayaking down the river Thames under the guidance of experienced instructor Paul. We have been given a brief info about the trip and introduction to kayaking. We were then equipped in the life jackets and given a free bottle of water. We practiced how to use the paddle and how to get in and out of the kayak which was very useful as I was doing it for the first time. We had a nice and sunny day which made the trip very enjoyable although sometimes I did struggle with paddling as we were going against the current but Paul was very encouraging and giving advices throughout the trip. He kept an eye on everybody and made sure that we all stay close together. Half way throught the trip we stopped for a picnic and a short break. On our way back we were going with the current which made it easier for me to paddle.
Overall it was a great way of spending an afternoon and a very nice way to see some of the most beautiful parts of Oxford. I would strongly recommend the trip as it’s a great fun and an unforgettable experience!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

A unique view of some of the best views in Oxford canoeing down the Thames and Cherwell rivers under the expert guidance of Paul. Truly a memorable experience and one to be repeated. Perfect for the novice as well as for the more experienced .Lovely views of University Parks, Magdalen college and bridge , Christ Church meadows and the College boathouses And some gentle exercise as well - what better way to spend a few hours in the City of Dreaming Spires ! Andrew S

Reviewed 7 June 2014

For a first time experience I felt confident & welcome with the guidance of Paul and quickly picked up the technique. The tour itself offered an array of sights that you would otherwise not experience when exploring Oxford. Half way through the tour we had a chance to take a break, before continuing to kayak towards the River Thames. I personally really enjoyed the more overgrown areas where it almost seemed as if we were exploring a rainforest! Overall it was an exciting new experience that I would definitely recommend!

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 June 2014

As a complete novice, I was a little apprehensive about doing this - but it turned out to be great fun! After some instruction from Paul (on land), we launched our kayaks and paddled off up the river, travelling through some beautiful scenery, with the sun shining brightly. There were 10 of us in the group and we stayed fairly close together, with Paul shouting instructions and encouragement from his sleek, black kayak. At one point we had to dodge around several punts and rowing boats, which was a bit of a challenge, then we had a brief stop for a picnic lunch before completing our journey. I would certainly recommend this experience to anyone looking for a novel way to spend an afternoon.