“Cosy guest house with lovely owners”
Review of Becket Guest House

and 1 more site!
Becket Guest House
Ranked #61 of 81 Oxford B&B and Inns
Antwerp, Belgium
“Cosy guest house with lovely owners”
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Very close to the city centre, excellent location
Breakfast was very good and organized, pancakes can be made on request :p
Lovely people that are helpful!
Rooms look a bit older but very comfortable and warm beds! Also shower system works easily
I recommend this guest house to people who want to explore the city of oxford or the suburbs, friends, couples, etc

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank esthe d

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
London
Reviewed 30 March 2012

The Guest House does not have parking so we used the Park and Ride located outside the city. The bus from the Park and Ride drops you off at the Railway Station which is very close to the Guest House. It is close to the city centre so you can easily walk to all the attractions.

The breakfast was good and the room we stayed in was clean and comfortable. The only minus point was that the wi-fi did not work a lot of the time.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brendajane
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We turned up in Oxford and walked across the footbridge outside the station and found ourselves on the street, slightly earlier than check in we were welcomed like sons returning home. A very warm friendly welcome and were shown through to our room on the ground floor. First impressions were good, two single beds nicely decorated clean room. Dropped our bags off and left to explore. Came back late and decided to skip breakfast but the hotel was lovely. More than happy to hold my bag until my train was due. An absolute bargain for a place so central in Oxford. Would always recommend this.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank RBStevens89
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Really easy to find from train station, owners were very accomodating. I was arriving a little late so allowances were made for me to let myself in.
Breakfast was fine, location is perfect; really central- a 5min walk to get to shopping centre/restaurants/etc. I was in area for an interview, I was really impressed by how helpful the owners were. I was given a spare key so that I could come and go as I pleased throughout the day to collect my rucksack after my interview and get changed before heading back on train. This was hugely helpful for me.
The only point I'd make was that if you are particularly tall, the shared bathroom won't be suitable for you. The shower was the perfect height for me- I'm 5'7', but if you're any taller you're going to have to hunch over in the shower. I had a small single room which was fine as I just needed a bed for the night; I had everything I needed; bed, hair dryer, tea/coffee facilities, wifi, tv, warm room, wardrobe to hang clothes.
If anything, you could say the decor was a little tired. But I got everything I needed; perfectly situated B&B, clean with great hosts. I slept really well, it is near the train station so you can't expect total silence; If you want something perfect, you're going to have to pay more for it. If I was back in the area, I'd be back.

Room Tip: As long as you're no taller than 5'7' the shared bathroom is fine if you're on a bud...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank nicbing
Dudley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 September 2011

A lovely welcome was received on arrival and the owners were very accomadating to the fact we were an hour earlier than expected.. our room was ready which was great! We arrived into Oxford by train which is opposite Becket House. Our room was ok, very dated and not particularly clean with a sink in the room, our bathroom was downstairs 2 flights.. I had the worst nights sleep here ever, I just did not feel comfy in the room at all. We spent most of the day out and arrived back just after midnight. We got up for breakfast which for beans on toast was a real let down!! We were sat at the train station waiting for our train with an hour to go due to wanting to get out!! NOT GREAT!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Princessperkzy
Ancona, Italy
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,685 helpful votes
Reviewed 6 August 2011

Perfect position (if you're travelling by train), friendly, helpful people, very good breakfast, at reasonable price. Slept well.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank ELear
Oshima-gun China-cho, Japan
Reviewed 30 July 2011

this BAB was excellent the location was great very close to the train station and very close to the city center the room we stayed in was very comfortable. also the briefest was very good we enjoyed our stay here very much great for money because its in the middle of oxford and usually its more expensive.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple