Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Becky J

Functional and clean but too expensive

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 8 Aug 2017
My boyfriend and I stayed at this guesthouse for a weekend in Oxford. We stayed in one of the ensuite rooms. It was clean and functional but the bathroom is extremely small and could do with redecorating and the window did not shut properly which caused a problem when it rained heavily.
In addition, although this guest house advertises as a B 'n' B breakfast is not available.
The owner of the house was a very kind and helpful lady who clearly enjoyed interacting with her guests. Location of the house is also very good, just a two minute walk from the train station.
Overall the stay was pleasant but the room rate is too high for what it is. We paid £90 for a double ensuite and for what is offered I would not pay more than £60.
Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
    £65
    £66
7.5 miles from Becket Guest House
View more hotels in Oxford
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 July 2017

If you are looking for something clean, reasonable rates for high tourist season, and a cheerful welcome Becket Guest House is a good choice. It is close to the train station and the main Bus Station, and about a 10-15 minute easy walk to central Oxford. I stayed here for two nights before going over to stay in Keble (one of Oxford colleges) in a a dorm room. I compare the two here. Rate I paid at Becket is about 20pounds cheaper per night than Keble. The The rooms were similar in what were provided. At Becket I had a sink and ensuite shower in an older room--a little musty, but Becket had a large window that opened. Keble had a tiny window, top floor, very hot but was newer interior and larger. At Keble, I had a newer room ensuite toilet and shower. At Becket toilet was just outside down the hall and older, but clean. Marie gave me a cheerful welcome, let me leave my things until the room was ready and provided interesting tips on what to see. Keble provides breakfast, but Becket does not (which was fine with me, the breakfast at Keble was not anything special). If traveling alone I would stay at Becket again while visiting Oxford rather than paying more for one of the colleges. Wifi at Becket House worked much better than the wifi at the college where I stayed and the one where I attended my conference.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank InfiniteChocolate
Reviewed 31 May 2017

Having read some of the reviews on here I was slightly apprehensive when I arrived in Oxford and made my way to the guesthouse but any misgivings I had were quickly dispelled. The owner greeted me and provided me with all of the information I would need that night plus a map of the city centre I was then shown to my room which was clean and comfortable and I was especially pleased that there was a shower in there. I had understood that I would had to share so having exclusive facilities was a bonus. Being only a 5 minute walk from the railway station the trains disturbed me the first night but after that I didn't notice and the close proximity to the station was a blessing in the end because I was able to get drinks, bacon butties etc right on my doorstep. The owner was delightful and a source of very useful information throughout my stay. If I ever have to stay in Oxford again I will definitely stay here. Sure it's basic but it offers all you need really and at a good price for Oxford.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

1. A shared toilet and a shower room with a toilet
2. But it's cold because jt has one little heater below the window
3. The owner lady is humourous and kind so I gave 4 instead of 3.
4. Great location !!!

Date of stay: November 2016
1  Thank Haneul B
Reviewed 31 August 2016

Used to staying at 3 star places or more I was wondering what to expect but was pleasantly surprised. Location is great right on the edge of the city centre it takes ten minutes to walk to the very center of the city. Parking options: The Train station car park is across the road so very convenient but £15-£20 a day to park depending on arrival time. You also have to pay for parking at the train station on the internet or with a phone call - there is no payment machine here. Another cheaper option is the Seaview Park and Ride a mile away down Botley Road. Parking here is £2 for 24 hours per car and there is a bus leaving every 10 minutes into town (stopping outside the guest house) for £1.20 single or £1.80 return per person. Rooms at the Becket are small but contain all you need. I recommend an en-suite room which has a private toilet, shower and sink but this is small. A kettle is provided with 2 cups, coffee, tea and milk. Hand soap, shower gel and shampoo is also provided. Check in time is before 1pm or after 3pm so it would be good to call them if you think you might arrive outside this time. There is free Wifi but not all rooms have a good signal, for this you'll need to sit in the lounge. Breakfast is not provided but there are plenty of restaurants in the city centre and some on Botley Rd. The Organic Deli is great. Check out is between 10 and 10.30am but they are often around earlier than this if you want to check out before 10am. The owner is very friendly and helpful.
All in all I would recommend this place even if you are used to 3 star accommodation.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

The guest house is self-catering. It was very clean and fine for what I needed. Wi fi worked, as did TV. second morning there was no hot water in the shower. The place is right opposite the station and it is a short walk into city centre. If you don't want to walk, there are buses leaving from the station at regular intervals. An easy walk to a number of good restaurants.

Date of stay: August 2016