“Light hearted, Theatrical and Fun”

Bill Spectre's Ghost Trails
Ranked #4 of 47 Tours in Oxford
More attraction details
Owner description: NOT just any old Oxford ghost tour - BILL SPECTRE cordially invites you to join him on his AWARD WINNING THEATRICAL TOUR of Oxford's ghosts. Illustrated with props and illusions your costumed guide will entertain and horrify you through the streets of one of the most historical and haunted cities in Britain. On Fridays and Saturdays meet him outside the gift shop of Oxford Castle Unlocked at 6.30pm, or directly outside The Visitor Information Centre on Broad Street at 6.55pm. Group bookings at other times available in Oxford, Burford, Woodstock and Stratford on Avon.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Light hearted, Theatrical and Fun”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

It's become somewhat of a tradition of ours to do ghost tours when visiting cities, and when in Oxford we chose Bill Spectre's, and I'm very glad we did. Bill is theatrical, and makes the entire experience enjoyable. There was a good balance of history and ghost stories, delivered with passion and accompanied by some good effects. Thoroughly enjoyed this and would highly recommend it to anybody who is looking for something slightly different to fill your evening.

Visited March 2014

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“More like a magic trail than ghost trail ....”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Was excited to do a walking ghost tour, hoping to hear all about ghostly goings on of Oxford having just done a fabulous one in Lincoln. However, I was left bitterly disappointed by this experience.

I leant of only one ghostly occurrence but did learn lots of short cuts around Oxford and magic tricks. I could maybe understand the magic tricks if there are children on the walk but on my one, there was none. I would have much preferred to have learnt about the ghost of the Oxford hence why I went onto the tour!

The tour simply fell short of being a ghost walk for me!

Visited July 2014
SpookyBill, Owner at Bill Spectre's Ghost Trails, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thanks for taking the trouble to write your review.
Sorry you were disappointed with my ghost trail. I was surprised you only heard one ghostly story, as I tell a different one at nearly every stop. The trail is designed to be spooky entertaining fun for all ages and as Oxford is visited by many tourists who don’t have English as a first language, I illustrate some of the stories with illusions to add a more visual element. I’m sorry they weren’t your thing, it just goes to show how difficult it is to please everyone.
Best wishes, Bill
Grantham, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Trip!”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

This trip was fairly cheap (and supposedly filmed by the BBC when we went as well). It was a great experience - unlike many tours which are fairly dull, but here you got to see the back streets as well as hearing some comical jokes and magic tricks (no one is ever too old for magic tricks!). I've only read very few poor reviews but I did truly enjoy it.

Stockport, United Kingdom
“Bill is brilliant!”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The highlight of our stay in Oxford! We had a fabulous tour with Bill. He's knowledgable and funny but doesn't take himself too seriously. He involves everyone including the children. Our 11 year old hasn't stopped talking about it! Bill has lots of tricks and gimmicks up his sleeve but really knows his stuff. We saw all the sights of the city accompanied by his amazing tales. Can't recommend it highly enough!

Solihull, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Just the right amount of spookiness for adults and children”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Bill Spectre was a delight as he lead us through the city of Oxford telling ghostly tales. He added just the right amount of theatrics and comedy. We were lead through streets and alleyways I don't think we would have seen otherwise. My children weren't with me this trip, but I think they would have loved it as well.