“Great Value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Brasserie Blanc
Ranked #15 of 622 Restaurants in Oxford
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This was our first Brasserie Blanc which opened over 18 years ago when Raymond Blanc was just a boy! Now with a truly beautiful new look, we are open every day from breakfast right through to dinner, and everything in between. We love it here in the heart of the Jericho area of Oxford where we serve real French food in our relaxed and welcoming, light filled space. The restaurant is always buzzing with our many regulars, new faces and the many tourists visiting this charming part of the city. Ask about our private dining room if you have a special occasion in mind or if you want a meeting space with great French coffee on tap.
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Great Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

Everything great food atmosphere and service set menu excellent value and choices to suit all .Set menu changes every month so its never boring .My son of sixteen always picks from main menu and must have basket of breads which is freshly baked yum yum would I recommend yes

• Visited March 2014

Hereford, United Kingdom
“Tarte flambee inedible”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

I have always enjoyed the set menu lunch here. But on 4 April chose the tarte flambée from the new spring menu and had to ask to change it for the guinea fowl - which was delicious. Sadly, the tarte flambée resisted my best efforts to cut it into edible pieces. It was unlike what I expected from the menu description because it was a large, very thin and very tough pizza style dish a bit like a rock hard popadom with a few scattered pieces of ham and onion on it and some rocket. Dry, unappetizing and incredibly tough it was not suitable at all as a main course and just not in the same league as the guinea fowl. But it was changed without demur.

It was slightly unfortunate that as I began my somewhat delayed main course (my partner had almost finished hers) I was asked if I would like a glass of wine. I didn't really want one but took this as a nice gesture by the staff and asked for a very small top up only to be told they could only give me a full glass. To play my part - as I thought - I accepted and shared the glass with my wife. I was a bit surprised to see later I was charged for it. Oh well, my fault - I should have asked if it was on the house. But in the context, and given my expressed reluctance to have more wine, I think I could be excused for assuming it was a gift. Lesson learned!

Visited April 2014
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Delicious food and lovely atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I made a last minute booking for Friday night and I am very pleased we did. I have been coming to Brasserie Blanc since I was a child (and it was still called Petit Blanc) and have had lots of good meals but last night was one of the best meals I have had there. The cheese soufflé was delicious, my main course (duck breast with dauphinoise potatoes) was crispy skinned and perfectly pink and my husbands steak tartare was very tasty too. The star of the show was a pudding from the specials board, pistachio soufflé with chocolate ice cream which was light and airy and all the things a soufflé should be - having had the opportunity to dine at Le Manoir in the past, this was a dish that would have felt just as right on the menu there! The service was prompt, cheerful and unobtrusive and with a bill for just less than £100 for two ( including a very nice bottle of wine and two aperitifs) it felt thoroughly good value. Incidentally even though we splashed out on a la carte the set menu also looked very tasty (17 for 3 courses) and offered entirely different choices, rather than just a random selection from the main menu, we will definitely be going back to try it!

Visited April 2014
“Delicious food, excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

I eat in Brasserie Blanc all the time and am impressed by their consistency. The food is always delicious - do not expect michelin cuisine, this is a brasserie not Le Manoir. What you will get is really tasty food that makes you feel happy. I love the cheese soufflé, crispy on the outside and melting on the inside, mmm.

The service is always excellent. The staff manage to balance attention to detail with a lack of fuss, and they are informal and friendly whilst also being very professional.

This is a great place to come with family, friends and couples alike. The only reason I would give it 9 and not 10 is because they have recently started charging extra for chips if you want them with your steak, for some reason this just bugs me a bit.

Visited January 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Gluten Free”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

Always a great meal at Brasserie Blanc and the icing on the cake is the excellent Gluten Free menu, no compromises there, brilliant !

• Visited January 2014