Review Highlights
WSET Level 2 Course - Oxford Chelt Wine School

I've just completed my WSET level 2 course with the Oxford Chelt Wine School obtaining a... read more

Reviewed today
Mark T
Fun and demanding course

I took the WSET Level 2 course with Nick, and I loved it. Having finally decided that I had been... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago

from US$26.28
from US$130.15
from US$20.38
More Info
All reviews wine tasting wset level grape varieties hen do wonderful teacher st peters wines tasted star bistro patient teacher artisan cheese the study lovely evening great knowledge couple of hours classes session fizz
Reviewed 9 April 2015

This was a very enjoyable evening at St Peter's College. Nick Gay is very knowledgeble about the different types of wine & I found it educational

Date of experience: March 2015
Reviewed 5 April 2015

We went along to the wine and chocolate pairing evening and had a great time. Nick was a welcoming and obviously expert host and the other attendees were also very friendly (I think all of them were repeat attenders as well - always a good sign). Neither of us knows very much about wine but we were made to feel warmly welcomed right from the outset and the whole evening was flexible enough to appeal to any level of expertise. I would never have thought to pair wine and chocolate at all but now I'll definitely give it a try. We learned a great deal and had a lot of fun in the process - I would thoroughly recommend it!

Date of experience: April 2015
Reviewed 26 February 2015

I've just completed the 8-week World of Wine course in Oxford and can't praise it highly enough! Nick and Serena are just brilliant - extremely knowledgeable, interesting, welcoming and great fun! They put everyone at ease straight away (you do not need to be an expert!) and I have come away with a much better understanding of, and appreciation for, wine. Serena provides gorgeous snacks every week (don't eat much before going!) - particularly in the amazing final class, which focuses on Champagne, sparkling wines, dessert wine and port. I have been able to try a wonderful range of excellent wines through this course, so I now feel much more confident in branching out when I buy it in shops and restaurants. The atmosphere of the classes was always relaxed and fun. A particular highlight for us was being joined by a Bake Off celebrity for a few weeks! Oh, and I have learnt to recognise 'farmyard' aromas... I've made some lovely new friends and learnt a lot - all I could have hoped for. Thanks, Nick and Serena - I will be back for more.

Reviewed 9 February 2015

Had a lovely Christmas present of an "introduction to wine course with champagne and lunch" at the Hotel du Vin in Cheltenham. This was run by Nick, who was a wonderful host plying us with one of my favourite champagnes as an introduction to the course. The information he provided was informative and the wine selection was varied, interesting and in some cases surprising as I didn't think I liked Spanish wines but Nick found one I could happily experiment with ;-). The slide presentation was nicely put together with a range of topics from fun to useful and the venue of Hotel du Vin was particularly apt and laid on a particularly nice lunch. All in all a very pleasant way to spend a Saturday with a selection of like minded individuals all of whom I believe enjoyed the course as much as I.

Date of experience: February 2015
Nick G, Owner at Oxford Chelt Wine School, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this; I'm delighted I might have converted you to try some more Spanish wines! Do join us on one of our other events coming up - if I can persuade you to tip your toe into Spain again, we have a Spanish Wine and Tapas evening on Tuesday 3rd March which still has some space available and we will shortly we posting a Cheese and Wine evening in May.

Reviewed 3 February 2015

What a fabulous way to spend a Tuesday evening. Sociable, fun, informative and well prepared. Catered for our unseasoned palate as well as more knowledgable drinkers. Very varied wines - red, white, port, sparkling, sweet wine all pared with different local cheeses. Nick was very good at engaging with the audience as well as keeping things moving. I think for £30 for a 2 hour session of 7 wines is good value. Will definitely be doing this again soon - I hear chocolate and wine is coming up soon...........I just hope I'm free.

Date of experience: February 2015

Thank you so much, Joanna, for taking the time to write, it is much appreciated! And thank you for your kind comments. We really enjoyed the evening too and are looking forward to repeating this Cheese and Wine evening in May. Look forward to seeing you at the Chocolate and Wine evening on 1st April.