“A better last meal on the Malaysian flight of peril”
Review of Maxwell's - CLOSED

Maxwell's
Price range: US$1 - US$45
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: "Maxwell’s is one of Oxfords longest established late night bar and grills. Maxwell’s has recently undergone a major refurbishment to deliver a fresh, industrial chic look for the 21st century. Famous for their burgers, maxwell’s stands by a winning formula of top notch service and a recently launch, exciting new food menu designed to appeal to all tastes. Boasting years of experience, the knowledgable Maxwell’s bar team produce exquisite drinks. They offer an extensive menu of over 50 cocktails, including new signature creations and fresh fruit twists on old classics. Add a well balanced wine and champagne list and a superb choice of beers – theres something for everyone. Late night and Maxwell’s transforms into one of Oxfords leading party venues. With spectacular sound and light shows and some of the industries finest DJ’s spinning there way through a broad array of musical genres, Maxwell’s generates the best party atmosphere in Oxford."
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Truly woeful. Where do I start? Staff that cannot speak a word of English. Filthy environment which resembled a squat, except that I would offer that they would be cleaner.
Food - nothing short of abysmal. It was like an episode of Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares!
The fishcakes tasted like pure oil with a mild helping of battered Nora Batty naughty regions.
The chicken was akin to a dying creature in the Sahara desert, and the Onion Rings reminded me of a student meal using Asda Smartprice food, but even then that's overselling it!
The Manager clearly cared as much as George Bush did about invading Iraq!
Horrific. Abysmal. Cancerous. Should have a Government Health Warning upon entry. Like death itself had came to visit me whilst eating.

4  Thank jjscaramanga

Reviewed 13 March 2014

My husband and I were supposed to eat elsewhere but unfortunately plans had changed and decided to eat here instead as we were passing. It was 2pm on a Wednesday afternoon and there were 4 people in the restaurant, My husband had been here before but not for a few years and he stated it looked as if it had gone down hill. First impressions for me were not great as the place looked dull and in need of an overhaul.
The service was not too bad, we were offered drinks before our meal. I ordered fajitas which came piping hot I thought were tasty, but slightly on the greasy side and my husband had the oxford blue burger and he stated he enjoyed it, however the chips it came with were not the best. £28 for 2 drinks and 2 Mains, not bad I guess.

1  Thank ruthy1982
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

Very grubby and dirty restaurant. There was food stains on the wall and the table was filthly. Had the fajitas and the vegtables were hardly cooked. The bottled beer was warm and when complainned the staff refused to get me a chilled beer and shouted abuse at me. The manager was even worse and also started shouting so in the end didnt drink my warm beer paid and left but certaintly will not return
and wouldnt recommend this place.

2  Thank ralarich
Reviewed 23 February 2014

nice ambience...nice service and really good food!!!we eat many time there amd i think that the quality is quite good and the portion so big!nothinng bad to say actually,i enjoy this place..suggest if u are really hungry!!!

Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

This place should be shut down, filthy. The restaurant and bar area is grubby. Please dont go here get a sandwich or anything but here it be demolished.

2  Thank elliecat6