“Legendary oxford Restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bar Meze
Ranked #381 of 622 Restaurants in Oxford
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Legendary oxford Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

A bit of an Oxford institution this place. Even though I consider myself a bit if a 'foodie', Bar Meze is awesome. There, I said it. Probably the only kebab house I would go to when sober! Great praise indeed! They are always so busy so you know the food is fresh and it's always cooked well. I recommend the Bar Meze Mixed Kebab. A skewer of chicken and lamb shish, lamb kofta and donner.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank LizHan2014

Oxford, United Kingdom
“An epic Indian and Turkish cuisine experience unique mystical magical in every way.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

We had lunch at this restaurant this weekend and would like to say a big thank you to the waiters who went out of their way to make sure that everyone was OK. The food when it arrived was very nice, An outstanding Indian and Turkish cuisine experience unique mystical and magical in every way. Friendly efficient staff and NEW management, Very nice New and Fresh idea and atmosphere. I have brought many friends and family here they all speak of this place highly. I am a world street artist and along with a good woman friend of mine who is hugely world travelled we both like this place highly. A Divine and totally delicious food experience :)

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Dave H
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Nice food - Poor, rude service.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

We went as a couple to this restaurant, and upon arrival we had a long wait till we were seated.
Once we had been I waited for around 15 minutes, watching one member of staff cleaning tables and running about, not really doing much actual work, so I asked if we could order a drink (as I don't mind waiting if I at least have a menu or a dink).
She then proceeded to snap at me that she was busy, and went to order another table, who then asked her to at least get our drinks as they had already eaten and could see I was very upset and shocked at how she had spoken to me. As it was a first date I was on, I did not want to kick up a fuss, and stayed.
We finally ordered a received our food. The food was nice, and the price not too bad - however the service was terrible. I would not recommend this restaurant due to the staff making me feel very small, and them being very disorganised.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Bluegrasstravel88
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
“A hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I have been a couple of times there now and last with my wife and Father in Law. He was a little skeptical in the beginning as he though the prices are at the lower end. We proved him wrong! The starters, Carpaccio and Mezzes where fantastic. The main courses where nicely decorated and very well presented. The service was friendly and quick. Also I enjoyed the lovely back garden that in the warm summer month is enjoyable.

I wonder how to manage to get a seat in this restaurant even without booking.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Mo L
“Very poor service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We visited this restaurant tonight and was disappointed with the service. First of all we ordered a bottle of house wine which came to the table unopened, once opened and tried we soon realised that it was non alcoholic, this eventually was changed for what we had ordered.

After our meal we were not offered a second round of drinks, puddings nor coffee, for such a quiet restaurant this was inexcusable.

Whilst sitting down my friend brushed her leg against the table top, a mark was left on her white trousers which we believe was from the polish residue left on the edge of the table, when this was brought to the attention of the waitress Joanna? She just looked at me and said “yes it's polish” there was no apology, I said “are you not sorry” she rudely walked away and dismissed us muttering something.

When we received the bill I explained that the service was poor and that I objected to paying the service charge, she just shrugged her shoulders and said “fine take it” and again whilst walking off said she was very tied she had worked all day, from my reckoning there were only eight other people in the restaurant all night other than our party of six.

In my opinion do not waste a night out at this restaurant as the level of service offered is non existent, there are other restaurants in the same area that are much better for an evening out with friends.

• Visited June 2014