“Best Food n Best Service”
Review of Bar Meze

Bar Meze
Ranked #433 of 674 Restaurants in Oxford
Price range: US$0 - US$13
Cuisines: Greek, Turkish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We have been to Bar Meze on Friday evening, Me and my wife had a six Meze to share between us, Mezes were so fresh and tasty, and lovely present. After we had a mix grill and the imam bayildi. They came with salad and was lovely food. even they were full house, still, we got our food on time and fresh.
I have visited this place in the past but was not very happy but New Owners / Management is doing fantastic job Nice new atmosphere very friendly and presentable staff specially their New Menu liked the idea to have Full Turkish and Full Pakistani / Indian Kitchen. We will go to try their Indian food soon. 5 Star, Recommended to all.

2  Thank emeren

Reviewed 4 August 2014

A bit of an Oxford institution this place. Even though I consider myself a bit if a 'foodie', Bar Meze is awesome. There, I said it. Probably the only kebab house I would go to when sober! Great praise indeed! They are always so busy so you know the food is fresh and it's always cooked well. I recommend the Bar Meze Mixed Kebab. A skewer of chicken and lamb shish, lamb kofta and donner.

2  Thank LizHan2014
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We had lunch at this restaurant this weekend and would like to say a big thank you to the waiters who went out of their way to make sure that everyone was OK. The food when it arrived was very nice, An outstanding Indian and Turkish cuisine experience unique mystical and magical in every way. Friendly efficient staff and NEW management, Very nice New and Fresh idea and atmosphere. I have brought many friends and family here they all speak of this place highly. I am a world street artist and along with a good woman friend of mine who is hugely world travelled we both like this place highly. A Divine and totally delicious food experience :)

2  Thank Dave H
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We went as a couple to this restaurant, and upon arrival we had a long wait till we were seated.
Once we had been I waited for around 15 minutes, watching one member of staff cleaning tables and running about, not really doing much actual work, so I asked if we could order a drink (as I don't mind waiting if I at least have a menu or a dink).
She then proceeded to snap at me that she was busy, and went to order another table, who then asked her to at least get our drinks as they had already eaten and could see I was very upset and shocked at how she had spoken to me. As it was a first date I was on, I did not want to kick up a fuss, and stayed.
We finally ordered a received our food. The food was nice, and the price not too bad - however the service was terrible. I would not recommend this restaurant due to the staff making me feel very small, and them being very disorganised.

1  Thank Bluegrasstravel88
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I have been a couple of times there now and last with my wife and Father in Law. He was a little skeptical in the beginning as he though the prices are at the lower end. We proved him wrong! The starters, Carpaccio and Mezzes where fantastic. The main courses where nicely decorated and very well presented. The service was friendly and quick. Also I enjoyed the lovely back garden that in the warm summer month is enjoyable.

I wonder how to manage to get a seat in this restaurant even without booking.

2  Thank Mo L