“Lovely track, but very busy”
Review of Oxford Golf Club

Oxford Golf Club
Ranked #10 of 24 Outdoor Activities in Oxford
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Visited OGC for the first time Sat 23rd June. I had booked a tee via TeeoffTimes for 7.56am, 3 of us playing. Arrived around 7.30am & immediately noticed how busy it was, I commented on this in the pro-shop & was advised that members were allowed to roll up & play whenever they liked without booking a tee & the good weather had obviously brought them all out! I mentioned our tee time but was told just to join the queue at the first tee & get off when we could, this turned out to be almost 8.15am. We had a 4-ball immediately in front of us, there was a 2-ball in front of them & a 3-ball in front of them. Needless to say, there was quite a lot of waiting around, the 4-ball were obviously very competent players & kept up easily with the 2-ball, but their gap to the 3-ball varied greatly & I don't think they ever got quite close enough to play through, which made for a somewhat frustrating round.

That's the whinging over, the course is stunning, good variety of holes in a beautiful setting & in the most part in great condition considering the hot & dry weather of late.

Definitely a thinkers course if you want a good score, but also fairly forgiving if your just out for a bash. A nice lot of hills & valleys, plenty of water, a carefully placed bunkers keep it interesting all the way around.

We will definitely be returning, I just hope I can pick a time when it not quite so busy.

To finish, good quality beers at reasonable prices, all in all a great morning if a little longer than I had planned or expected.

Reviewed 1 May 2018

We played here yesterday in the howling wind. the course is in fantastic shape! the greens are very very fast, true and undulating. by far and away the best greens in the county! you would not tell that we have had 6 months of terrible weather. the fairways are in perfect condition. As we were leaving the course we saw the staff and members walking the course to repair divots on the fairways which was a great touch of class.
The pro shop was well stocked and very friendly staff.

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

Played Oxford on a very wet day. Often passed the par 3 17th as it’s adjacent to the road leading to Churchill. Lovely hole - I chipped in from the back of the green for a two!! Greens were very good but in thought the fairways were a little bit scrappy - probably due to a prolonged period of wet weather. Very welcoming club to our visit with 36 players. Half way hut very good - lovely bloke in there offered us all alcohol in our hot drinks!! We all declined as we were having enough trouble connecting with the ball as it was!! Nice club, nice people and nice food. Thumbs up from me.

Reviewed 7 February 2018

I attended a business meeting at the Oxford Golf Club recently and was really impressed. The staff were all very welcoming and friendly and the service was great. The view from the club house is sensational looking out over the course, with a brilliant backdrop of the Oxfordshire countryside. Amazing to think it is just off the Cowley Road. I was given a bit of a tour of the course and the fairways and greens were in great nick. I'll have to come back for a round of golf! A down to earth club, with a nice atmosphere, a great course, pro shop and club house, with reasonable prices.