“Intimate and relaxed”

Price range: US$5 - US$10
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 30 January 2014

This is a great place to sit with a coffee and a lap top or a book. The coffee and snacks are reasonably priced and good. The stairs is narrow so not good access if you have mobility issues. The staff are pleasant. It's popular with the students and has that young feel that is so appealing in a university city.

1  Thank Jane B

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Working in Oxford since Christmas, I've made the most of luchtimes by visiting non-chain coffee shops and cafes in Jericho and beyond.

Coffee was nasty. Panini was a single slice of 'beef'. Next to it was what looked like 'out the bag salad', a small tomato and a teaspoon of trade coleslaw. Maybe this was just a bad choice, bad bad coffee is bad coffee.

Do youself a favour and walk another 40 yards to Little Clarenden Street and pop into any of the independent or keep going a little further to Jericho.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

A great cafe for spending time catching up with frineds or family or sitting alone and reading or working - can almost imagine writing a best selling series of childrens books about wizards school here!

Good big mugs of tea and good spicey carrot cake - several upstairs rooms make it feel unrushed and relaxed.

1  Thank JaneinBloom
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I stopped in for lunch after walking around Oxford exploring all morning. The staff was friendly and prices good. After ordering, I headed upstairs for a seat. There is free wifi so most of the customers were spread about at tables on their laptops. My salad arrived quickly and was very large. As another reviewer stated, it seemed to be without dressing. It did appear to have maybe a light coating? I didn't ask for any additional but felt that with the walnuts, apples and tomatoes it was quite tasty as it was. There is a toilet on the first floor near the kitchen - extremely tiny. Overall, not fancy, but I did enjoy my visit and would go back.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

When I saw my gluten free sandwich has been toasted on equipment normally used for gluten products I suspected I shouldn't have trusted it - I am suffering now!

It was also soggy and served with a gritty salad. My daughter also had a disappointing baked potato with a gritty salad.

Sadly I would avoid in the future.