“Good service, average food”
Review of La Tasca - Oxford - CLOSED

La Tasca - Oxford
Price range: US$6 - US$21
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

I was very excited to go to this restaurant and enjoy a nice evening of Sangria and tasty paella. Unfortunately, the service was great, but the food was mediocre, at best. The paella was mostly rice and somewhat bland while the sangria completely disappointed. There was very little fruit and it tasted like juice. The atmosphere was nice, but if you're looking for a yummy meal, manage your expectations.

Panos T, General Manager at La Tasca - Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Hola Lisette B

We thank you for your feedback, I will hold a team meeting to discuss and try some dishes to make sure they are up to La Tasca high standards.

Panos.T

Reviewed 4 June 2014

This restaurant has an excellent location for guests staying at nearby Hotel Malmaison, but beware: this is hardly an authentic Spanish restaurant.
Avoid the Sangria; it's very sweet, with little noticeable booze. We had some excellent starters: fried Manchego, tasty bread, but the Paella was dry, with too much rice and not enough meat.
This place is a great shelter from the storm, and the service was good on our visit, but you can do better in Oxford.

1  Thank Katie C

Hola Katiekeen00

We thank you very much for your comments, I have noted your comments and I will discuss with the team in the next meeting so rest assure we will address any issues.

Panos.T

Reviewed 31 May 2014

The food was excellent. The service was slow. The waiter didn't understand us sometimes and didn't bring our whole starter.

Review collected in partnership with La Tasca
Panos T, General Manager at La Tasca - Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Hola LizFrancis

I apologise that you had issues with slow service and communication, I have briefed the team regarding your experience, please contact me on latasca.oxford@latasca.co.uk to discuss your visit further if you wish.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Food was lovely but we felt is lacked a little atmosphere, but our server was very attentive. The food was delicious

Hola Michelle S

We are happy that you enjoyed your visit, I am looking in to new avenues to keep a good vibrant atmosphere at all times .
Please visit us again soon.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I have been to many La Tascas, but here the food was poor: lots of cheap ingredients but little meat. There was little octopus, and what there was was dried out and chewy. The disabled toilet needs attention as there was no handwash and the dryer would not work for more than a second.

Review collected in partnership with La Tasca

Hola Christopher S

I apologise for your recent visit in La Tasca Oxford please be assure that I have spoken with both Chef and maintainer to look in to the issues from your visit, in the meantime if you need to discuss your visit further please contact me on latasca.oxford@latasca.co.uk.