“good choice”

Ranked #6 of 35 Restaurants in Woodstock
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 July 2014

first went into the woodstock arms for a snack lunch, but on entering we were told all food would be at least 40mins. Well we went in one door and out the other. Next choice was the Star inn, we ordered ploughmans lunch, and on ordering the nice young man said it would be in a bagette and not set out on a plate. So we said go for it, and it was really lovely even with a very large pickled onion on top. this was really a good choice

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We were meandering through town and were drawn to the Star Inn by the sign. So glad we found it. Yummy salad and Scotch eggs, plus refreshing drinks in the back patio. Love the bright orange wall and mirrors.

1  Thank Kimberley42
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Was treated to an overnight stay at The Feathers by my boyfriend for my birthday - but both fancied some 'pub grub' so we walked up the road to The Star Inn. Lovely atmosphere & warm welcome.

I ordered the small fish & chips which came out extremely quickly! I was a little concerned about the fish as it tasted a little undercooked but looked white so continued to eat it. Unfortunately in the early hours of the morning I was EXTREMELY ill & it was most definitely down to the fish.

I was up most of the night so was very upset as my birthday treat ended pretty horrifically!

Hopefully it was just a one off, but I hope The Star Inn take note of this & double check what they send out so no one else gets ill/has their night completely ruined!

5  Thank rachelllouise
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We very much enjoyed both the ambiance and the food at this lovely pub in charming "quaint" Woodstock, ancestral home of the Churchill family (Duke of Marlborough). The Sunday menu included a delicious lamb shank - slow cooked to a turn, with a superb Yorkshire pudding and some beautiful sides. We got in without an advance booking and so felt fortunate that they could fit us in at this early (6:30 PM) hour.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Great room - quite small but cosy, quiet and well equipped. Fabulous breakfast, welcoming bar in the evening. The food looked great in the evening too but unfortunately we'd booked at The Bear over the road - next time we'll stay put in The Star!