“A great place for individuals or families”
Review of Pollen B and B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Woodstock
Pollen B and B
Ranked #9 of 13 Woodstock B&B and Inns
Esher, United Kingdom
“A great place for individuals or families”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We were incredibly fortunate to find the Pollen B&B the second (of 6) times we came to Woodstock for the Blenheim Triathlon and have returned every year since (and anyone thinking that I might be a serial Trip Advisor sycophant ought to look at my review of the 1st place we stayed .......we didn't go back and after what I wrote they probably wouldn't have us!). Now we wouldn't think of staying anywhere else but Pollen. - If a Four Seasons Hotel opened in the town and offered us a free stay we would still pay to stay at Pollen. - I don't think I could provide a higher recommendation. I love it, my wife loves it, and my two sons love it.

I should probably point-out that anyone whose idea of lodging heaven is a uniform, standardised hotel room that insulates you from whatever country you might be passing through might not appreciate the full value Pollen. Pollen is unique, quirky and full of character. - The rooms are not entirely square, which is typical of English buildings of that era, so not all the doors close perfectly and there are dips and bulges in some of the floors and walls. It is decorated in an eclectic style that mixes the pictures and ornaments (presumably?) collected by the manager, Martha, and the owner, from their time in the far East and elsewhere.

Finally (and perhaps I should have started with this point?!) Martha is the most thoughtful and accommodating hostess - nothing is too much trouble and she will do her very best to cater to your every need, including cooking the most sumptuous breakfast. As someone who would have tested the patience of a saint with all my unreasonable requests for triathlon breakfasts over the years I am, I think, well qualified to provide such a reference: I asked for honey, but pouring honey, not the set variety and I was even provided with a fresh honeycomb option that had to be bought specially from the local shop!

Martha is conscientious and dedicated and will ensure your stay in Pollen is an enjoyable one and with the charming, picturesque village of Woodstock (literally) on your doorstep and the wonders of Blenheim Palace a few minutes walk away anyone who visits will thoroughly enjoy their trip to the Oxfordshire countryside.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank martinp3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Pollen is very charming, and a B&B with personality. It is quaint, steps, nooks and crannies, pictures everywhere on the wall, pots and ornaments. It is well located in the middle of Woodstock, all the shops, and restaurants are close, the Oxfordshire museum as well as Blenheim palace. There are lots of things to keep the children busy within walking distance. Marta will cook your breakfast in the kitchen, and give you a warm wellcome.
If you like long corridors and anonymity this is not the place to stay for you. There are only three rooms, all different. There is no lift. There is a lovely Japanes garden in the back, with goldfish.

Room Tip: The family room is spacious and a good choice for a family for two adults and two children.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 1 night with our three year old daughter in the flat, the larger of the two rooms available. It was the perfect set up for us, with a seperate bedroom with a comfy king size bed and a lounge area with tv and plenty of seating as well as a four poster single bed for our daughter.

Martha the owner was polite and helpful and made us a cracking cooked breakfast at a time that suited us.

The price was comparable with a standard double room in surrounding b&bs but you get so much more for your money

Location great with plenty of choice of restaurant/pub in easy walking distance. Blenheim Palace is a few minutes drive away

A lovely spring break!

• Stayed April 2013
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Pollen has such a warm and friendly feel to it. The decor is beautiful and each antique tells a story. There is such a clean, homely feel to the rooms, and my bed was so comfortable, I slept 2 hours later than my normal wake up time!

Martha, the manager, was so friendly, she made our stay so easy and relaxed. She genuinely loves people. And breakfast was lovely. Thankyou, it was just the break I needed, we will come again. Much love.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank kattystuff
Knutsford
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Aptly named as it is adjacent to the local florists, this is a delightfully furnished B&B in the centre of this lovely Cotswold town. Parking was not a problem, but might be more so in peak summer months, as Blenheim is an easy walk from here. Very comfortable bed (a four poster in my case) and really tastefull decorations. Martha is very welcoming. Breaksfast is served in the kitchen itself. The only negative I noted was that the sausages were of a medioicre quality.
Strongly recommended B&B.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 January 2013

We went to Woodstock to have a weekend away from the city. Woodstock is a small town on only a few roads, probably mostly served by visitors to Blenheim Palace which is a short walk away. We didn't visit Blenheim palace but just enjoyed the small village feel of various pubs and restaurants.

Situated on the high street, it holds a treasure trove of furniture and artefacts which could only have been picked up from years of travelling. No bulk buy furniture here, just a fusion of many countries such as Austrian style seating in the kitchen (my Austrian Wife approved), a Japanese style garden as well as much more.

Our room had a four poster bed which we later found out had been the bed that King Edward had shared with Wallace Simpson.

Martha was lovely, cooked a great breakfast as well. We sat in the kitchen feeling more like house guests than visitors, relaxed - nothing was too much trouble.

I would seriously recommend staying here if in the area or as we did visit Oxford the next day which is a short drive.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2012

If you are looking for a modern souless hotel then this is not the place for you! This was a gorgeous quaint little cottage in the middle of a lovely old English village. It was filled with beautiful quirky furniture and cottage style, the kitchen is really sociable and we were served a fantastic full english breakfast at a time of our own choosing. It really felt like I was staying in someones home. Woodstock too did not disappoint with a great selection of pubs and gastro pubs and oxford was not far for a day trip.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Champers_52
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
Macdonald Bear Hotel
#3 of 13 in Woodstock
The Glove House
The Glove House
#2 of 13 in Woodstock

Been to Pollen B and B? Share your experiences!