Pollen B and B
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Woodstock
See available hotels
Feathers Hotel(Woodstock)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
The Dashwood Hotel(Kirtlington)
  • Pool
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsfour posterquirky roomsblenheim palacetea coffeedouble bedfull englishyogurtmarthaagaantiquesmuddledbathaccommodationcotswolds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Why spend a fortune staying at a Glitzy hotel when you can stay at this very reasonably priced B &B in the centre of Woodstock. It is very comfortable , clean and with one of Martha's English Breakfasts, you will not need to eat again for hours.
Much has been said about the quirkiness of the rooms - we stayed in the Muddle for just the one night and loved it. Whilst the four poster bed is rather high off the ground it is so comfortable.
If we ever return to Woodstock, this would be the place to stay.

Room Tip: Go for the Muddle, it is so quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Gxgerry
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We are 5 and were looking for accommodation in the area for a cycle ride down the canal to Oxford and this seemed one of the only options. We stayed in the "Flat" which Martha supported our needs with 3 single beds with more than adequate room for baggage, seating etc. My wife and I had a separate room off the main room with a double bed and bathroom off that. A perfect scenario for a family of 5.

The level of hospitality was excellent and Martha could not do enough to make us welcome. Extra water in our room for our ride and tailored breakfast for our individual tastes, perfect!

Room Tip: The Flat perfect for a family of 5
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank mark c
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This is a real B & B in the sense that it is a large family house (a very very old house) run as a business. Everything below is accurate in terms of quirkiness but sometimes that quirkiness intrudes on convenience. I stayed in the topmost room and it was a real climb with heavy bags up a very narrow winding staircase with a very flimsy banister.If you have any issues whatsoever with mobility you would really struggle with getting to and from the room.

The doors to all the rooms were hand made barn type doors, again very flimsy and they did not fit the door frames properly. The result was that the room was not sound proofed at all. You can't blame the management for a guest nearby with a bad snoring problem (unless they take bookings from drunk rhinos with bad colds which I doubt) but the result was a very poor nights sleep. Another less unpleasant side effect is that any cooking from the kitchen permeates the whole property. When I eventually did fall asleep having forgotten to set my alarm I was woken by the smell of my breakfast being cooked three floors below me.

The room itself was nice, the bed comfy and the wifi speedy and reliable. The ensuite bathroom needs some attention however with paintwork peeling from the ceiling and some of the furnishings suffering from wear and tear. There was a decent sized bath but the over the bath shower was unusable (unless you are three feet tall) due to the placement of the bath and the lack of a shower curtain. This was bit of an issue for me as I usually take a shower in the mornings but I was at fault for not checking this. .

I was asked what time I wanted breakfast on arrival and as I arrived at the specified time my breakfast was leaving the frying pan and hitting my plate. This meant that I got a very nice freshly cooked breakfast made with high quality ingredients, but what would have happened had I arrived a few minutes later? Eating breakfast around the family kitchen table with other guests was kinda nice as we got a chance to chat.

The attentive service reported elsewhere was evident on my visit. I was shown round the room offered fresh milk for the coffee making facilities, my breakfast requirements etc.

I paid £65 for a mid week night, which was about the cheapest you can get accommodation for in the village. I booked direct and was asked to pay by cash on arrival. No card facility. Not really a problem as I was pre warned about this on booking.

I probably would not make this my first choice of accommodation in Woodstock mainly because of the lack of sound proofing but it by no means would be the bottom of my list either.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Steve_Myers_182
Reviewed 5 December 2013

A gorgeous smell of fresh flowers hits you as you walk past the flower shop in the entrance and the slightly higgledy piggledy stone tile pavings takes you past some rather interesting hanging artwork up the timber panelled staircase............

A little bazaar but very quaint. Very friendly service and amazingly comfortable bed in a beautiful area. The Muddle Room (Not the Muggle Room!) is definitely eclectic but works despite a few cosmeticcracks typical of an old timber framed building.

Would definitely come back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Great stay in a great location right on the highsteet.
Lovely old house and rooms. Beams and antiques.
Martha is a very welcoming host. Going out of her way to cook an early breakfast. Which was also lovely.
Thoroughly recommended.