Hilton Reading
Ibis Reading Centre(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$72
pentahotels Reading(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$90
  • Restaurant
Novotel Reading Centre(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$104
  • Pool
US$184
US$143
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$110
Travelocity
US$78
US$69
Travelocity
Premier Inn Reading Central Hotel(Reading)(Great Value!)
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Beech House Hotel(Reading)(Great Value!)
TripAdvisor
1,978 results
All reviewsthe underground car parkspa breakhousing estatedeluxe roomlovely hotelsauna and steam roomhealth clubgreen parkbreakfast was excellentmini barbuffet styleenjoyable staystayed for one nightreading town centrebar areasaturday nightraja
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Nice clean modern hotel in Reading next to a new housing estate and near the football stadium. My sat nav wouldn't recognise the postcode for this hotel and made it a pain to find in the dark as it's off a dual carriageway. We arrived at 10:00pm for a wedding the next day, check in was smooth as we'd already booked and paid through booking.com. Our rooms were 146 and 147, avoid room 146 unless you have not driven 4 hours and aren't extremely exhaused, otherwise a strange buzzing noise outside/downstairs may keep you awake. The mattress and pillows were comfortable or i'd never have fallen asleep. The room was clean and comfortable. The minibar couldn't be opened and the top of it was caked in a layer of dust and it was the same for the minibar in room 147, clearly not been cleaned in a long time. They minibar was pain to open as the door was broken in both rooms and I broke two nails trying to help my sister open it in her room. Rooms aren't small compared to Hilton London rooms. There was plently of hot water and the temperature never fluctuated as it has in some other Hiltons in London.

Breakfast would have been average had we bothered waking up and going down. I know Hilton breakfasts aren't great so I much preferred to have a couple more hours in bed than eat poor quality toast. I wish they'd change Hilton bread suppliers to those of the Radisson. They know their breads!

Reception staff were friendly and one receptionist in particular, was very helpful to my young niece and went above and beyond her call of duty and her kindness was very appreciated by her. The ladies who checked us in and out were equally friendly.

The conference hall were the wedding took place needed some air conditioning as it was excessively hot with the number of bodies in there or they needed to turn the heating off.

If I were in Reading again, i'd stay here again. Overall a nice hotel, can't comment about Hotel food itself. The bar needs to serve better quality juice than cheap naff Sunkist, my sister paid £2.50 for a glass for this stuff and it costs less than 50p to buy an entire carton at the local store!)

Room Tip: Avoid room 146, as there was an awful wierd sound that would have kept me awake had I not been extremely exhausted from a long drive to this hotel and long weekend. I couldn't work out if it was inside the hotel or outside.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Chopalina
Helen_Dashper, Guest Services Advisor to the General Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Hilton Reading on Tripadvisor. Your comments about the Hotel and the team are appreciated. Our commitment at the Hilton Reading is to provide the finest in service and personal attention to everyone who stays with us, and it is helpful when our guests pass their opinions and experiences to us, allowing us to refine our procedures and services where necessary.

I am sorry you had difficulties in finding the hotel via the sat nav. We also apologise that there was some noise disturbance in your room and this noise has been investigated.

I note your comments regarding the Reception staff being friendly, helpful and going beyond the call of duty and your comments have been passed on to the the team.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would stay again.

We thank you for choosing the Hilton Reading, and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. If I can be of any further assistance to you, do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 20 November 2012

We stayed here last weekend for an event being held in one of the function rooms. The hotel is a nice modern hotel, comfortable rooms and clean bathrooms. The breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice. The only poor thing about this hotel is the swimming pool. With a brand new hotel they had the option to design a good pool area - unfortunately they did not do this and the pool feels as if it was just added at the last minute. Very small, with no real sitting area and very little to commend it. Shame. Otherwise a good hotel if a little out of town.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Helen_Dashper, Guest services advisor to General Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2012

Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the room to be comfortable. I am sorry that the pool was not as you would have expected but and pleased that you found the rest of our facilities good.

Reviewed 19 November 2012

Stayed here on Friday night in a suite. The rooms are amazing spotless and the bed was the most comfortable I have every stayed in. The bathrooms were beautiful and the room overall was modern and very clean. The gym and swimming pool were very clean and well presented the hotel as has a lovely spa. The hotel staff were very friendly and effcient and nnothing was too much trouble for them. Very impressed hilton

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Helen_Dashper, Guest Services advisor to General Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2012

Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the room to be spotless with a comfortable bed, the team friendly and efficient and that you enjoyed the gym and pool facilities.

Reviewed 14 November 2012

This hotel is fairly new and very nice. The fitness facilities are great as is the food in both the bar and the restaurant. Especially liked the breakfast buffet. The staff was very helpful and courteous. The only drawback is that the location is somewhat out of town, so a taxi ride is required to get into Reading itself.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Jen S

Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed the food especially the breakfast.

The hotels location on the Kennet Island development, off Junction 11 of the M4 and 5 minutes in a cab from Reading Town centre, is an ideal base for many of the local amenities including the retail park and the Madejski stadium located a few minutes’ walk away.

Reviewed 14 November 2012 via mobile

Stayed for one night on business and was very impressed with the large and modern rooms with a huge and very comfortable bed! An unusually large and excellently equipped gym plus pool and sauna and steam room will keep the fitness fanatics very happy. My only minor gripe is the shower is in the bath. Why don't modern hotels separate the two and have a decent walk in shower? But all in all an excellent hotel only 10 minutes walk from the Majeski stadium.

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us on business and that you would stay here again.