Hilton Reading
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Ibis Reading Centre(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$68
  • Restaurant
Novotel Reading Centre(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$103
  • Pool
US$173
US$161
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$63
US$52
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Beech House Hotel(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$101
Orbitz.com
US$118
US$103
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Reading Central Hotel(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$64
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
US$68
PremierInn.com
1,979 results
All reviewsthe underground car parkspa breakhousing estatedeluxe roomlovely hotelsauna and steam roomhealth clubgreen parkbreakfast was excellentmini barbuffet styleenjoyable staystayed for one nightreading town centrebar areasaturday nightraja
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Stayed for three nights on business. Had a second floor executive double which was well set up for work with excellent wifi and work space. Comfy bed and good food too. Staff are welcoming and helpful, definitely recommend.

• Stayed: November 2012
Helen_Dashper, Guest Services Advisor to General Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Hilton Reading on Tripadvisor. Your comments about the Hotel and the team are appreciated. Our commitment at the Hilton Reading is to provide the finest in service and personal attention to everyone who stays with us, and it is helpful when our guests pass their opinions and experiences to us, allowing us to refine our procedures and services where necessary.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us

We thank you for choosing the Hilton Reading, and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. If I can be of any further assistance to you, do not hesitate to contact me.

Guest Assistance

Reviewed 22 November 2012

Stayed on a family break in a party of 5 with 3 rooms, all were excellent and we were particulary happy with the breakfast and pool.

Evening restaurant meal appeared expensive, as with most Hiltons, but when you factor in that kids meals are free, and that you can order the bar menu in the restuarant its actually really value for money.

Our computer booking (via a third party accomodation company) had not worked fully, but reception fixed this within 5 minutes.

Pool and health club very good.

No problems at all during the stay in this 4 star hotel.

PS parking was free and secure under the hotel.

Room Tip: Should be fine anywhere, you wont get that much of a view as your on the outskirts or reading though. But upper floors have a good long views and are very quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Helen_Dashper, Guest Services Advisor to the General Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2012

Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted to see that your party enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the rooms to be excellent, and you particularly enjoyed your breakfast and the pool facility.

Reviewed 20 November 2012

Nice clean modern hotel in Reading next to a new housing estate and near the football stadium. My sat nav wouldn't recognise the postcode for this hotel and made it a pain to find in the dark as it's off a dual carriageway. We arrived at 10:00pm for a wedding the next day, check in was smooth as we'd already booked and paid through booking.com. Our rooms were 146 and 147, avoid room 146 unless you have not driven 4 hours and aren't extremely exhaused, otherwise a strange buzzing noise outside/downstairs may keep you awake. The mattress and pillows were comfortable or i'd never have fallen asleep. The room was clean and comfortable. The minibar couldn't be opened and the top of it was caked in a layer of dust and it was the same for the minibar in room 147, clearly not been cleaned in a long time. They minibar was pain to open as the door was broken in both rooms and I broke two nails trying to help my sister open it in her room. Rooms aren't small compared to Hilton London rooms. There was plently of hot water and the temperature never fluctuated as it has in some other Hiltons in London.

Breakfast would have been average had we bothered waking up and going down. I know Hilton breakfasts aren't great so I much preferred to have a couple more hours in bed than eat poor quality toast. I wish they'd change Hilton bread suppliers to those of the Radisson. They know their breads!

Reception staff were friendly and one receptionist in particular, was very helpful to my young niece and went above and beyond her call of duty and her kindness was very appreciated by her. The ladies who checked us in and out were equally friendly.

The conference hall were the wedding took place needed some air conditioning as it was excessively hot with the number of bodies in there or they needed to turn the heating off.

If I were in Reading again, i'd stay here again. Overall a nice hotel, can't comment about Hotel food itself. The bar needs to serve better quality juice than cheap naff Sunkist, my sister paid £2.50 for a glass for this stuff and it costs less than 50p to buy an entire carton at the local store!)

Room Tip: Avoid room 146, as there was an awful wierd sound that would have kept me awake had I not been extremely exhausted from a long drive to this hotel and long weekend. I couldn't work out if it was inside the hotel or outside.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Chopalina

Dear Reviewer,

I am sorry you had difficulties in finding the hotel via the sat nav. We also apologise that there was some noise disturbance in your room and this noise has been investigated.

I note your comments regarding the Reception staff being friendly, helpful and going beyond the call of duty and your comments have been passed on to the the team.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would stay again.

Reviewed 20 November 2012

We stayed here last weekend for an event being held in one of the function rooms. The hotel is a nice modern hotel, comfortable rooms and clean bathrooms. The breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice. The only poor thing about this hotel is the swimming pool. With a brand new hotel they had the option to design a good pool area - unfortunately they did not do this and the pool feels as if it was just added at the last minute. Very small, with no real sitting area and very little to commend it. Shame. Otherwise a good hotel if a little out of town.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Helen_Dashper, Guest services advisor to General Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2012

Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the room to be comfortable. I am sorry that the pool was not as you would have expected but and pleased that you found the rest of our facilities good.

Reviewed 19 November 2012

Stayed here on Friday night in a suite. The rooms are amazing spotless and the bed was the most comfortable I have every stayed in. The bathrooms were beautiful and the room overall was modern and very clean. The gym and swimming pool were very clean and well presented the hotel as has a lovely spa. The hotel staff were very friendly and effcient and nnothing was too much trouble for them. Very impressed hilton

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Helen_Dashper, Guest Services advisor to General Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2012

Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the room to be spotless with a comfortable bed, the team friendly and efficient and that you enjoyed the gym and pool facilities.