“Last minute great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hilton Reading

Hilton Reading
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Reading
GreenLeadersGold level
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Last minute great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2012

I bagged a room at a 50% discount for a late booking the week before Christmas.
The room was comfortable and well equipped. All the facilities worked correctly. My room service breakfast was delivered on time and was of superb quality. There was a problem with the water in my bathroom due to a pipe burst and the staff were very well organised and arranged an adjacent room for me to use. Great Service I would expect from a quality hotel chain.

Room Tip: If your travel plans are last minute then check late booking to get a discounted price
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank rugbygeezer
Helen_Dashper, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this review, 9 January 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Hilton Reading on Tripadvisor. Your comments about the Hotel and the team are appreciated. Our commitment at the Hilton Reading is to provide the finest in service and personal attention to everyone who stays with us, and it is helpful when our guests pass their opinions and experiences to us, allowing us to refine our procedures and services where necessary.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the team was able to accommodate you quickly after the challenge with the water supply on the day.

We thank you for choosing the Hilton Reading, and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. If I can be of any further assistance to you, do not hesitate to contact me.

Helen Dashper Guest Services

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Arabic first
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2012

We had an overnight stay, arriving in the evening and leaving late the next morning. The hotel was spotless, the room very nicely appointed and the bed very comfortable. Would certainly stay here again.

Didn't have occasion to try the restaurant.

Outstanding front desk service.

Well located for a quick trip to Heathrow to catch our flight home.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for mentioning our front desk staff.

Wolverhampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2012

we stayed here for a weekend, its a lovely hotel,only three years old so everything is still quite fresh,,the beds had toppers on so they were very comfy and the linen was really soft,, the complimentry toilertries were designer very nice!! the food was lovely, especially the breakfast,plenty of choice and eat as much as you like,,i highly recomend this hotel and definitely hope to stay there again some time soon

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and would like to thank you for your nice comments about our staff and service.

Channel Islands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2012

Just stayed for one night but everyone was very helpful and friendly, our room was comfortable and very clean. The hotel is very modern of course but the public areas are pleasant and bar service and breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us

Cocoa Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2012

I was visiting Reading from the US for work and chose the Hilton due to its proximity to my corporate office. The front desk person was very pleasant and I was able to get to my room quickly and without incident. The room was small but very well maintained and decorated. I really appreciated the 110V power converter that was built into the desk.

I really enjoyed the breakfast in the morning. The bar was nice, but service was slow because of the overwhelming number of people staying at the hotel due to the Olympics.

The hotel isn't really within walking distance of anything, but the front desk was always quick to call a taxi and the fare to get to the Oracle was decent.

On the downside, the price for internet service in the hotel room is simply ridiculous. However, to be fair, the pricing scheme seemed to be pretty consistent across all of the hotels that I stayed at in the London area.

Overall, I had a very pleasant stay and will likely return should I ever return to the UK office for work.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Florida G
Dear Reviewer,

I am pleased to see that you overall enjoyed your stay with us.
I note your comments regarding complimentary internet access and Hilton are delighted to have been the first international chain to offer their Hilton Hhonors Gold and Diamond Members free internet access in their rooms. We are also offering 60 minutes complimentary internet use in the public areas for all our guests.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2012

I've stayed In Hilton Reading during business travel. I was impressed by the rooms,and the breakfast which is rich and fresh, but I was quite disappointed with the location, since it is far from most things you would like to use in Reading such as the Oracle center the the business parks.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a high floor. Also, try to get a room not facing the entrance and not on top of...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2012

Always excellent service throughout the hotel, large rooms, with all of the usual Hilton level of facilities. Breakfast is one of the best on offer across all of the Hiltons I have stayed at. Weekends are usually quiet, and very good value.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Helen_Dashper, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this review, 8 January 2013
Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and especially your comments about our breakfast offer.

Helen Dashper