“Excellent staff, hotel, and food.”
Review of Hilton Reading

Hilton Reading
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Reading
GreenLeadersGold level
“Excellent staff, hotel, and food.”
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Stayed one night on Saturday 13th April 2013. Two adults and our five year old son.
As soon as we got to the hotel we knew our stay would be great.
Greated by a very friendly female member of staff at the desk who made a real fuss over our son which he loved especially as he was given an activity pack, cookies and a drink . Very polite and helpful. Just what we wanted from our first Hilton stay.
From the off the Hotel was so well presented, well decorated and spacious.
Our room was extremely clean and tidy, tried to find a fault but couldn't.
We were complemented with a free film which was fantastic customer service.
We had a bit of a fight with the in room mini bar and were immediately contacted by reception who informed us that our bill was racking up due to moving things around haha (partner was putting some of our food in the fridge). Reception saw the funny side and there was no additions to our bill.
The bed was very comfortable, so was my son's single bed which they had put in our room.
Complementey tea/coffee was well stocked.
The bathroom was clean and tidy, no problems at all.
Plenty of storage room for our things.
Iron and board supplied in the room which is a great plus.
A very quite, peaceful nights sleep. No noise watsoever. Bed and pillows comfy.
We woke early (7:30) for breakfast and were suprised that we were three of only 10 people eating at the time even though there is room for a couple of hundred i would guess.
The breakfast was far superior to any hotel I have stayed in before.
Where do I start, fruit, cereal, pastries, bread/toast etc etc (and I mean etc). Juices, tea, coffee. Waiters on hand to top up as soon as you were empty.
Then there was the cooked breakfast. There was soooo much. Bacon, sausages, scrambled eggs (not the powdered rubbish) fried eggs, mushrooms, black pudding, beans ..... the list goes on.
Check out was quick and simple.
Oh yeah... parking was free and plentiful.
I must say, without a shadow of a doubt, the best hotel I have ever stayed in.
If we are in this area again we will not be looking at any other hotel because they would not be able to compete with HILTON READING.
Ideal for Legoland.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Hilton Reading on Tripadvisor. Your comments about the Hotel and the team are appreciated. Our commitment at the Hilton Reading is to provide the finest in service and personal attention to everyone who stays with us, and it is helpful when our guests pass their opinions and experiences to us, allowing us to refine our procedures and services where necessary.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you found our staff to be polite, friendly and helpful. I am also very pleased to read that you enjoyed the breakfast here at the hotel, and that you found the selection to be plentifull.

We thank you for choosing the Hilton Reading, and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. If I can be of any further assistance to you, do not hesitate to contact me.

Guest Services

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Arabic first
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2013 via mobile

Great service, we were given free champagne at dinner for my boyfriend's birthday. Good breakfast and really nice room. Very weird location (in a new residential area 2 miles out of reading). We had a 3 course evening meal and 2 free movies included in our deal and the dinner completely superseded expectations, although I wouldn't have paid full price. Great choice of movies too.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Scotland
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Stayed at this hotel with my family so we could visit Legoland, Windsor. Got a fabulous deal for a two night stay and tickets for park entry on the Saturday. The hotel was everything you'd expect from Hilton. The room was spacious to comfortably house the three of us, one double bed and a single roll away bed. This hotel is brand new and built adjacent to a very attractive new housing estate called 'Kennet Island'. There is a piazza in the middle of the housing estate (2min walk) with a mini-market, gym etc. It is handy for the motorway links to windsor, probably about a 30 min drive to legoland but we had no problem with this. If you're not planning on taking your car I wouldn't recommend it. We got to legoland for 9am and missed all the queues to get in. The gates to the park opened at 9:30 and you could have a wander round the shops. Rides don't start till 10am. The hotel has parking underneath, free for guests. Your children get a welcome pack which is a nice touch. All in all, we had a lovely stay here and I would definately go there again if I was visiting the area. Legoland was brilliant too.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Swindon
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Lovely Hotel, checked in reception welcoming us back, 'nice touch' but Hilton Honours between their hotels welcome customers differently? Other Hiltons offer complimentary water in your room,free paper of your choice, complimentary drink as a welcome but not here? But mustn't complain. Hotel spotlessly clean.
Went to book evening meal and use our Tastecard because on the website it says it's available Sat nights, only to be advised that the Hilton is trying to change the website information and it's not available anymore, so cancelled reservation and drove into Reading which is 4 mins away,
Easy parking in Reading and plenty of restaurants to choose from.
Cannot fault the hotel, easy parking, great breakfast with staff being very helpful and lovely room with toiletries it's a good location for getting around, have booked a return in July for 2 nights, would recommend a stay. Booked 2 duck down pillows in advance and that made our sleep a lot better.

Room Tip: Just be aware if there is a wedding party, noise from event travels and can impare your sleep. unde...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

I have noted your comments, particularly about the HHonors benefits, and will ensure that both our Front of House Manager and our Food and Beverage Manager are aware of them.

Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed 21st April 2013 and Found everything about the hotel excellent, with a super room, very clean.
We only ate breakfast but it was first class and were served by Roberta from Malaga who was very helpful, even giving us some tips on places to visit in Spain.
Thoroughly enjoyed our short stay, would definitely stay again

Tony

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Antony S
Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our waiting staff, especially Roberta, to be helpful. I will ensure your comments are passed onto her. I am also delighted to read that you enjoyed our breakfast.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Facilities first class. Staff welcoming and professional. Great breakfast choice. Floor to ceiling windows. Even bathroom accessories supplied. Impressive entrance and reasonable money for etiquette provided with.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Whiteytraveller
Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2013

We stayed at Hilton Reading for a one night stay last weekend.. we visited a pool area which was ok, then we went for a dinner in a restaurant and we have been serve by Lilica and Kevin, both of them are very professional.. so if you got them you going to be happy with your experience.. food ok, not much of choice.. I personally did not like the onions which goes with steak.. the room was ok.. but I did not sleep well on this mattress, my husband too.. only our daughter was very happy with her sleep ;) overall we are happy with our stay and will recommend to others ;)

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that Lilica and Kevin to be professional and helpful. I will ensure your comments are passed onto the both of them!