“Nice stay”

Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Reading
GreenLeadersGold level
“Nice stay”
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We've stayed at this Hilton property as part of our visit to Reading. The hotel location is not convenient if what you looking for is easy access to the city center but the building itself is great. It's a brand new building managed by Hilton so don't expect a warm welcome by the staff. We also had dinner in the restaurant and the food was good but the ambience was very poor (2 tables occupied). The best part of the stay (as every time we stay with Hilton) was breakfast. Actually this is the main reason why we choose Hilton when travelling. So if you are looking for an easy stay in a brand new building this is your hotel. However if what you are looking for is real hospitality and to feel looked after Hilton is not your hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Hilton Reading on Tripadvisor. Your comments about the Hotel and the team are appreciated. Our commitment at the Hilton Reading is to provide the finest in service and personal attention to everyone who stays with us, and it is helpful when our guests pass their opinions and experiences to us, allowing us to refine our procedures and services where necessary.

The Hilton Reading is conveniently located on the Kennet Island development, off the A33, 5 minutes by taxi to the centre of Reading and minutes from both the Madejski Stadium, Green Park Business Park and close to the M4.

I am disappointed to read your comment in regards to not recieving a 'warm welcome'
from our staff. I have raised your comments with the Front of House Manager who will address this with his team immediately.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed the Hilton Breakfast.

We thank you for choosing the Hilton Reading, and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. If I can be of any further assistance to you, do not hesitate to contact me.

Guest Services

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Arabic first
london, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Spa trip was very good. Good steam and wet room however, would be nice for a whirl pool. The spa therapy is in a room I think the hotel should develop a separate area since the treatments were good however very short. Everything else about the hotel was very good brilliant but small pool, good food, lovely interior. The rooms were very well furnished and immaculate

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Eliz K
Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Great hotel with intellegent and helpful staff. Very professional service. Safe and secure car parking with easy and convenient access to the main road network. Some of the seats in the bar area could have been more comfortable for lounging, but they were fine when using a laptop etc.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that service your recieved from our staff was delivered to a high standard.

Kent
Reviewed 26 June 2013

The Hilton Reading is really nice and modern looking. The rooms are clean and of good standard. The positive aspects are the health suite which compromises of a pool, sauna and steam room. There are complimentary towels and the staff are very nice. The location suited me and my boyfriend perfectly and is literally a 5 min drive to town centre.

The breakfast was very nice but it does get a bit hectic and packed which cannot be avoided really. There is a large variety of fried breakfast and continental- all of which was very nice.

I was able to check in 15 mins early and it literally took 90 seconds which was great.

The rooms have all that you need and the bed was very comfy.

Car Park is a great bonus - it is underground which usually scares me (as I am a bad driver) but was quite spacious and always available spaces.

The negative aspect was being charged for a bottle of water at £3.95. A bottle of water I didnt drink. I am still unsure if this was purposely added to my bill in the hope that I wouldnt notice or if they do this to every customer? Or was it a mistake? Whatever the reason, I really didnt appreciate this and was not offered an apology.

However, this is just something to look out for.

Overall I would recommend this hotel to friends and family but I paid £82 for a double room and breakfast which is not a bad deal but I wouldnt pay anymore.

Room Tip: There are no real good views for this hotel, they are not bad though. The rooms at the front may off...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you found the service to be fast and efficient. I am also delighted to see that you were able to make use of our hotel amenities.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2013

A lovely hotel, huge beds, fantastic breakfast and great toiletries! We stayed here for a wedding nearby and it was great. The bed was enormous and so comfortable with lovely white bed linen, it felt very luxurious. Breakfast had everything you could possibly want. The toiletries were top notch. Only slight problem was that the mini bar didn't work! Other than that it was excellent and I would highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Aimee A, Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for letting me know that your mini bar was not in operation. I have informed both our Front Office Manager, as well as our Maintenance Manager, who will look into this.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you enjoyed our bathroom amenities. I am also delighted to read that you enjoyed our Hilton breakfast.

Tonbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I stayed here for one night as part of an overnight spa break booked with Lastminute.com. I can honestly say that for the price we paid it was fantastic! We got a one-night stay, dinner and breakfast included, unlimited access to the gym/spa, a 25-min massage/facial and a bottle of wine delivered to your hotel room all included in the price.

The hotel was clean and well-looked after and the staff were all friendly. The room was nothing superior but it was basic, functional and felt homely with a lovely clean bathroom, comfortable bed and TV. This is really all you need if you're staying for a spa break anyway!

It's rare that I say this about hotel restaurants, but the food was simply delicious and they served generous portions! We got a 2 course meal included with our stay - I went for the gnocchi for my main course and berry cheesecake for dessert, both of which were delicious. Also, the breakfast in the morning was brilliant - a wide range of choice, cooked English, cereal, pastries, fresh and dried fruit, cheese and biscuits, cold meats, yoghurt, porridge, pancakes and omelettes made by request... Couldn't say a bad word about it! The waiters were also very attentive and checked for tea refills adequately.

With regards to the spa itself, the included massage was very relaxing and was a nice taster of a full massage experience. I didn't use the gym, but the pool area was well-maintained and quiet which was great. The pool itself was fairly small (could be an issue during busy periods) and the steam room a little smelly, but the sauna was great and the pool was warm, so no complaints on that part. Adding a jacuzzi to the spa area would be a great asset.

The hotel is in a bit of a strange location, just off the M4 - I suspect that it is mostly used for business purposes during weekdays. However, if you're looking for a great value, relaxing getaway where you won't have to spend an extra penny (unless you want to of course) I highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted to hear you had such a pleasant evening in our Larder Restaurant and I will pass your comments on to our Executive Chef and the Team.

Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2013

We had a stop over here with our two children, we went for a swim as well and had an excellent breakfast. Staff a little slow though, our toddler kicked our table and glasses of coffee and juice went everywhere no one offered to help clean up. So we just moved tables. No checks for coffee refills either so we just grabbed a pot.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Aimee A, Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this review, 5 July 2013
Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you enjoyed the hotel amenities. I am also delighted to see that you enjoyed your Hilton Breakfast.