“Hilton Reading”

GreenLeadersGold level
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Hilton Reading”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Does what it says on the can. Its a very well placed for my work and has the facilities I require Pros Staff are very friendly Especially Rose Cons WIFI is iffy in some rooms Bar service can be slow when busy (they never put on extra staff)

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Hilton Reading on Tripadvisor. Your comments about the Hotel and the team are appreciated. Our commitment at the Hilton Reading is to provide the finest in service and personal attention to everyone who stays with us, and it is helpful when our guests pass their opinions and experiences to us, allowing us to refine our procedures and services where necessary.

I am most certainly taking your comments on board in regards to the delivery of service especially during a busy operation.

We thank you for choosing the Hilton Reading, and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. If I can be of any further assistance to you, do not hesitate to contact me.

Holger Ewald

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Arabic first
Wiltshire
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I stayed on a Thursday night and had a fine time. Easy parking (free), swift check-in and a good-sized quiet, clean room. I ate in the bar area and the food and wine were very good with excellent service. Only point to note is it is a little chilly in that area as it is open to the lobby. I had a lovely swim in the morning and used the steam room which was super. Breakfast was great and subsequent food at the conference I attended was top-notch. Al-in-all, a brief, but excellent stay for a promotion price of £75 that I can highly recommend and would be very happy to return to.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I brought my friend to the Hilton Reading for her birthday on a spa deal and I must say it was amazing value for money! The pool area was nice and and the therapists who did our massages were brilliant - thoroughly recommend!

I was slightly worried beforehand as the location is a little out of town and the hotel is just off of a very busy main road, but it is surprising how you don't notice this once there. You cannot hear any traffic from the hotel and the newly built surrounding residential area masks the main road.The taxi journey to the hotel was roughly £7-£8.

The hotel is new and extremely modern. It has a stunning lobby area and chandelier which makes for quite an impressive entrance.

Our room was modern and comfortable - a standard Hilton hotel room.

We had dinner and breakfast included in our package and whilst breakfast was good, unfortunately I didn't think that the food at dinner was up to par.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank jetsetting_82

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I have spoken to my team and discussed the feedback about your stay.
I have also passed your comments in regards to the food to our executive sous chef.

Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Bought a spa package as a Christmas present. Very pleased with the dinner, and the room was excellent, clean, quiet and very relaxing. The spa was excellent, we were lucky enough to buy a few additional treatments. Staff were very welcoming, and went above and beyond to make sure we were happy, I could not have asked for more.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Coventry
Reviewed 12 January 2014

The whole weekend experience here was fabulous, from the underground, secure parking, efficient check in, lovely lunch with latte's. The evening meal was very good. The decor was modern, and clean. The ambience was relaxed. The view from the room is not one of the reasons one visits this hotel. It is located a couple of miles from Reading City Centre, which is not one of England's great cities!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We stayed at the hotel for our company training, the rooms were nice though abit scary when walking into the room with the telly on and wondering if I was given the wrong room key (which also happened to the others). At one point I thought, the room is already occupied. But anyway, I slept comfortably, the food (dinner, breakfast and lunch) were great. Props to the chef.

The Service wasn't the best, the waiters didn't seem to know what they were doing. They were so disorganised.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I am most certainly taking your comments on board in regards to the delivery of service in the restaurant.

Madrid
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

Nice, quite new and very clean hotel. Rooms are very well illuminated, clean and quiet. The bad thing is the location that is far from the city center and the train station. Also it took me more than 20 min to get a taxi. A shuttle service between the hotel and the station would be great.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us
Please be informed that there is a bus between Reading station and Kennett Island where the hotel is located every 30 minutes. The shuttle bus is leaving from the North Interchange stop NC and arrives just opposite the hotel and is operated by greenwave.