“Average Hilton”

GreenLeadersGold level
Alsager, United Kingdom
“Average Hilton”
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

The hotel is in a great position but it is only average for a 4 star hotel. I booked a deluxe room but found a rip in the seating, the TV not working and the complimentary water was empty with the top screwed back on. The hotel staff did change my room but I also found out that the TV was being turned off at 11.30pm.

Breakfast was ok but the staff were off hand as were the checkout staff. Therefore, it's only average which is a shame as it could quite easily be excellent.

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Gerard P
Aimee A, Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear G_P56_12

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Adviser as thoughts and experiences from our guests are very much appreciated and are used to rectify any shortfalls highlighted to us.

I was extremely disappointed to read your comments in relation to quality and service you experienced whilst staying with us. I wish to assure you that all comments from guests are reviewed with the relevant departmental managers at our daily communication meeting where we discuss the feasibility and implementation of guest’s suggestions and more importantly where we attempt to rectify shortfalls in either standards or service delivery.

Aimee Louise Ash

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Arabic first
Colwyn Bay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We were lucky enough to stay at this great hotel as part of a coach holiday. We have never been with this particular coach company before so were a bit unsure as to whether their choice of hotel would be a good one,despite knowing that all Hilton Hotels do have high standards!
Well,the Hilton in reading certainly lived up to and surpassed the acknowledged high standards!!
Our room was large with huge windows,we could control what level of heating we wanted,the room positively 'sparkled' it was so clean,as was the luxurious bathroom,which is the sign of
a truly excellent standard of hygiene.The beds were supremely comfortable and the crisp,snow white bedding made me want the same on my bed at home! The food was excellent....breakfast
in particular......all meals were buffet style,with plenty of choice.Yes,drinks prices may be a bit
expensive BUT well worth paying in order to experience the quality of this hotel.In conclusion,the staff were all very courteous,extremely smart and had a genuine need to make our stay as perfect as possible.SO THANK YOU HILTON,READING,WE WILL BE BACK TO STAY WITH YOU AGAIN.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be excellent but we chose a front facing room,which allowed us to be nosy and see...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Hilton Reading on Tripadvisor. Your comments about the Hotel and the team are appreciated. Our commitment at the Hilton Reading is to provide the finest in service and personal attention to everyone who stays with us, and it is helpful when our guests pass their opinions and experiences to us, allowing us to refine our procedures and services where necessary.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We thank you for choosing the Hilton Reading, and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. If I can be of any further assistance to you, do not hesitate to contact me.

taunton
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Fourth stay here for business. Very good hotel.

Great rooms and very comfy beds. Very good gym and breakfast is excellent.

My only but quite considerable gripe is the bar prices..... I know it is a hotel but although a pint was OK at £3.80 ish an order was also placed for a double vodka and tonic. It cost a whopping £10!!!

I questioned it and got a very sarcastic reply that it was a large drink sir, quoting how many CL it was....um I don't think so and you could poor 10 of these out of a bottle costing £10.

Not so happy with that but otherwise very good. I may choose somewhere else next time based on the sarcastic bar man which is a shame as we will be staying locally every month for the next 12 months.

Dear Reviewer,

I am most certainly taking your comments on board in regards to the delivery of service in our bar.
I do believe that we are able to deliver on a much higher level than what you experienced and I am truly sorry that we were not able as a team to deliver the service standards you can expect from us.

Please be assured that I will be monitoring the service delivery very closely to ensure the standards are being held high in the Hilton Reading.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Does what it says on the can. Its a very well placed for my work and has the facilities I require Pros Staff are very friendly Especially Rose Cons WIFI is iffy in some rooms Bar service can be slow when busy (they never put on extra staff)

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Reviewer,

I am most certainly taking your comments on board in regards to the delivery of service especially during a busy operation.

Wiltshire
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I stayed on a Thursday night and had a fine time. Easy parking (free), swift check-in and a good-sized quiet, clean room. I ate in the bar area and the food and wine were very good with excellent service. Only point to note is it is a little chilly in that area as it is open to the lobby. I had a lovely swim in the morning and used the steam room which was super. Breakfast was great and subsequent food at the conference I attended was top-notch. Al-in-all, a brief, but excellent stay for a promotion price of £75 that I can highly recommend and would be very happy to return to.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I brought my friend to the Hilton Reading for her birthday on a spa deal and I must say it was amazing value for money! The pool area was nice and and the therapists who did our massages were brilliant - thoroughly recommend!

I was slightly worried beforehand as the location is a little out of town and the hotel is just off of a very busy main road, but it is surprising how you don't notice this once there. You cannot hear any traffic from the hotel and the newly built surrounding residential area masks the main road.The taxi journey to the hotel was roughly £7-£8.

The hotel is new and extremely modern. It has a stunning lobby area and chandelier which makes for quite an impressive entrance.

Our room was modern and comfortable - a standard Hilton hotel room.

We had dinner and breakfast included in our package and whilst breakfast was good, unfortunately I didn't think that the food at dinner was up to par.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank jetsetting_82

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I have spoken to my team and discussed the feedback about your stay.
I have also passed your comments in regards to the food to our executive sous chef.

Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Bought a spa package as a Christmas present. Very pleased with the dinner, and the room was excellent, clean, quiet and very relaxing. The spa was excellent, we were lucky enough to buy a few additional treatments. Staff were very welcoming, and went above and beyond to make sure we were happy, I could not have asked for more.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple