“Nice Hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
Slough, United Kingdom
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

This hotel is lovely. cut away in a quiet part of Reading near the football stadium. The hotel has car parking and, gym and spa. Only one restaurant though. Its a great place to get away and just relax. The rooms are clean and fresh as the building is still quite new. The restaurant is a bit pricey, but they also have a £20 buffet. The food is good and what you'd expect from the Hilton. I'd stay there again without a thought.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Aimee A, Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear Mark S

Thank you for posting such a positive comment following your stay at the Hilton Reading.
Thank you for your kind comments about the hotel.

We are pleased to see your stay was a pleasant one and look forward to another opportunity when we can welcome you back once more.

Ashraf Nabih

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Arabic first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

hotel is lovely. 10 min cab from Reading station. we arrived early, room was ready so went straight up. Couldn't fault the room, lovely bathroom and shower bed was amazing. Spa facilities were quite basic, pool very small and just a sauna and steam and 4 loungers. Massage was very very good would recommend! Dinner was excellent - both had steak and chips, as was breakfast (buffet style). Drinks ridiculously over priced as was lunch but quality was high and you would expect these prices. Staff were friendly.

Room Tip: our room was lovely, not much view as its off an A road and have newly built apartments on the other...
Dear annax86

Thank you for posting a review on the hotel and for leaving positive comments. I was delighted to read that you found the rooms to be faultless and enjoyed the room facilities.

In terms of the pricing and the not so positive, I appreciate your honesty and kindly assure you that comments will be looked at by colleagues with the view of making changes where possible. I was however pleased to read that you found the quality of the food to be superb.

Should I be able to help with further specifics, please drop me a line on aimee.louiseash@hilton.com, when I will be delighted to investigate and respond further to you.

With kind regards

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2014

A very nice hotel with very helpful staff. I found the restaurant and bar area informal and relaxed, with the flexibility to access the restaurant menu whilst eating in the bar. The guest room was spacious, clean and modern. I enjoyed staying at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Lee M B

I was delighted to read that you made use of our hotel outlets and found the atmosphere in the bar to be relaxed.

Gloucestershire
Reviewed 19 February 2014

During our stay we found the staff were friendly, the room was very comfortable and the breakfast buffet was excellent. Drinks and coffees from the bar were expensive. Also we had booked a table in the restaurant for 8pm, but by the time we went up to choose our main course and then our dessert, the number of choices had decreased considerably and weren't being replaced by the kitchen staff. I could understand this if we were eating really late, but not at that time of the evening.

Dear Papaver1

Thank you for posting a review on the hotel and for leaving positive comments.

With kind regards

Portsmouth
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I stayeed here for 2 nights and the check in was very quick and complimentary drinks tokens were handed to me which was a lovely surprise. My room which was an executive room was very spacious with a very large bed with 6 pillows across it. There was the usual tea/coffee/chocolate supplied with a kettle iron, ironing board and trouser press. Complimentary shoe shine sewing kit etc were also on hand if required. The bed was very comfortable and i had an excellent nights sleep.
The bathroom was very clean with a shower over the bath. Complimenatry shower gel etc were also supplied. I used the bathmat supplied inside the bath while i had a shower as the floor of the bath was slippery. Two large towels (not rough) and 2 small towels were provided with a floor towel to stand on when exiting the shower/bath. A box of tissues were also in the bathroom.
A TV was on the dressing table with plenty of channels and films to watch if required and the sound could be turned up in the bathroom if required.
The food in the restaurant was nicely prepared and of reasonable portion sizes. As i was late back the second night and the restaurant was closed the bar staff went out of their way to supply us with hot food and although there was only 2 choices this was well accepted by us as an additional service.
Breakfast was full of different choices from cereals, pastries, fruit to full english. Very well presented and in abundance. The fruit sald had the apearance that it had just been peeled and was very fresh.
The hotel itself is just off the A33 and gives easy access to the M4 and not too far from Reading Town Centre and the Oracle shopping centre.

Room Tip: Upgrade to an executive room
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear SwissTonyPortsmouth

Thank you for your review on Hilton Reading.

Your comments are very encouraging and an absolute pleasure to read.

I was pleased to read that you found our team to be so accomodating, and we were able to provide you with a meal after your late arrival on your second night.

Berkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Unfortunately we endured a 4 day power cut and by day three decided to stay in a local hotel. We checked out three and found the Hilton to be the best but not the cheapest. Very glad we chose to stay here as the hotel is very clean and inviting. The service at check in was as expected as was the checking out process. The room was lovely and reasonably priced for a double and again very clean. Spent some time in the bar and had something to eat all of which was of a good standard. Also, nice to see free WiFi but would have enjoyed it better had it been extended to the rooms and not just downstairs. Overall an excellent hotel, with excellent facilities (Gym, pool etc) and worth a stay if in the area

Dear DeanandJakki

Thank you for choosing to stay at the hotel during your unfortunate power cut , and I hope that all is working fine now.

Billingshurst, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Visited for 1 night stay on a Sunday/Monday.
Can't fault the experience at all, from arrival to departure everything was great. Check in was very quick and everything what was available to us explained. Our room was very clean, comfortable and well equipped. The bar and restaurant was very good and quality/presentation of our evening meal was excellent. Bar prices and wine list are very reasonable around £25 for a bottle of wine.
Buffet breakfast next morning was well presented and a large variety to choose from.
We also made use of the pool, steam room and sauna all very clean and staff helpful, also we both had a massage which was very relaxing and very professional, thanks to Jodie and Heather for them (hopefully remembered your names correctly).
Would recommend this place as everything was in place to make you feel very welcome.

Room Tip: we stayed on the first floor, room was very quiet
2 Thank Martin D
Dear Martin D

Thank you for posting a comment on Trip Advisor following your recent visit to the Hilton Reading.

Your kind words about the hotel and team are appreciated and I will be sure to pass on your comments.