“great stay!”

GreenLeadersGold level
reading, United Kingdom
“great stay!”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We had a fantastic stay in a lovely clean, spacious room with a comfy bed, loads of pillows and delicious breakfast, a really great place to stay. We were made to feel very welcome, would go again. Well done Hilton!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Joanne N

Thank you for your kind comments following your recent stay.

I was delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay, and I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team.

With kind regards

Aimee Louise Ash

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Arabic first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I had a memorable stay at the Hilton Reading and would definitely recommend the hotel to friends and family and would stay there again! The spa experience was fabulous and the hotel was quiet without any rowdy guests or other disturbances. Hotel staff were courteous and did their best to meet our needs as they arose.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Stacey P

Thank you for posting a review on trip advisor following your recent visit to the Hilton Reading.

I was delighted to read that you had such a pleasent stay and enjoyed your spa treatments. I will be sure to pass your comments onto the team.

Thank you for taking the time to offer great feedback. I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Reading once again in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 18 March 2014

We booked this hotel as part of a legoland package and was not disappointed. The hotel was immaculately clean and we were greeted with a warm welcome after a tiring day. The children were most impressed with their activity pack and the drink, cookie and free movie were also a nice touch. We were more than impressed to find out that we had an interconnecting room for the children, rather than an additional bed in our room and they were over the moon to have their own room complete with flat screen tv to watch their movie. Although there are baby swim lessons in the pool on a Sunday morning, there was still room for us to take a dip. Breakfast was also impressive with plenty of choice. This hotel is a 30 minute drive from legoland and we would definitely recommend this hotel to others and would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Dear 262ss

Thank you for your review on the Hilton Reading.

Your comments are very encouraging and an absolute pleasure to read.

I was delighted to read that both you and your children had such an enjoyable stay.

Kind regards

St Austell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We chose this Hotel as it offered an excellent price for a 2 night stay and was in close proximity to Legoland. We were very impressed with the quality of the Hotel. The foyer was modern,clean and impressive. Parking was underground and monitored by CCTV. The rooms were spotlessly clean and accommodated three of us comfortably, with an en suite bathroom, large TV and tea and coffee making facilities. It was quiet and all rooms have air conditioning so you can choose how hot or cold you want your room. The pool was a bit disappointing as swimming lessons were in progress so guests couldn't get the full benefit, although I understand there are specific times for public access. The breakfasts were amazing. So much choice and everything freshly cooked and appetizing. I will definately be returning in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Dear J W

Thank you for posting such a positive comment following your stay at the Hilton Reading.

Thank you for your kind comments about the hotel. I was delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay!

If I can assist you further before then I'd be happy to hear from you and ask that you contact me on the below e-mail address. In the meantime, I wish you a pleasant week and remain for now with kind regards

United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2014

This Hilton rates as the best I have stayed at. Friendly staff, excellent facilities, modern rooms, great Fitness and Pool facilities, onsite parking. Breakfast staff could not have been more helpful. Reception staff were very efficient and friendly. Housekeeping keep the place very clean.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Aimee A, Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Maureen G

Thank you for posting such a positive review on the Hilton Reading.

Your comments about the hotel and team are greatly appreciated and I will be sure to pass on your kind comments.

Aimee Louise ash
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner came to this hotel for a spa night stay for my birthday..

Have to say we was very impressed and everything was very clean and you can tell everything is at a high standard.

We had a two course dinner which was the best steak I have ever had and I have tried a lot of steak. 25 min back, neck & shoulder massage which was very nice and use of all faculties like gym, swim, sauna & steam room. plus breakfast buffet in the morning which there was so much lovely choice and everything was hot and fresh.

Check in & out was very quick and easy!

Would Recommend! And Stay again!

Many thanks for a enjoyable stay!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Aimee A, Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear younger-jones

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review on the Hilton Reading.

Thank you for your kind comments about the hotel.

We are pleased to see your stay was a pleasant one and that you enjoyed your meal in the Larder Restaurant.

We look forward to another opportunity when we can welcome you back once more.

Suffolk
Reviewed 16 March 2014

A modern hotel opened about 5 years ago. Well appointed and spacious public areas. Polite an efficient staff. I made a stopover on a quiet Friday night having already got a good deal on a Room only basis but was still given an automatic upgrade to a deluxe room. This seems to be a policy at Hilton and is appreciated and encourages customer loyalty. The room was very good with excellent bits and bobs and a terrific easy chair - ideal for settling down in front of a film and there was a good choice available at £8.95. Good blackout blinds and a really comfy bed. Little extras such as an ice machine on each floor give a positive feel.

Grumbles - not complaints - include a bottle of mineral water in the room but at an exorbitant cost, I never cease to wonder why hotels irritate their customers in this way. Whilst there is 60 mins free wifi in the bar/ lounge it is not free in your room, just another thing I would change if I were in charge!

Secure underground parking (free) and very easy access from M4. Good gym/spa.

I only ate a light supper in the bar but this was good value, freshly cooked and swiftly served.

Room Tip: Just check if there is a function as my side of the hotel was near the function room and noisy into...