“Very Nice Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Wokingham, United Kingdom
“Very Nice Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

I visited the Hilton on a Saturday with my partner, we managed to park in the underground car park below the hotel this is free to hotel guests and you can get your ticket validated when checking out.
We found out there is a over flow ca park as there isn’t much car parking nearby as it is in a estate of houses, there is a local small shop nearby and then in a car journey of a few minutes is a retail park with McDonalds, KFC and Pizza Hut and a perfect hotel if attending a game at Madejeski stadium.

The hotel is lovely inside quite light and modern, we checked in very quickly there were no ques and were given a key car – we also had breakfast included which is open till 11am on a Sunday morning! Check out is 12!
We had a Standard double room which was very spacious and typical Hilton design, the bathroom was big and had a shower/ bath and lots of towels.
The room had the normal TV/hairdryer/iron and all the other amenities you would expect in a Hilton there was a mini bar which as usual very expensive but handy if you need something.

We used the spa facilities which are lovely nice size pool/ sauna and steam room! Those we found there was alot of kids in the pool being a Saturday and they also do swimming lessons there! We didn’t spend much time in the pool. The spa check in can be reached outside and across from the hotel reception or internally through the hotel, towels were provided.

We were staying at the hotel as we were attending a party at the hotel in the function room, this was lovely and was really nice and made the stay easier being on site! The hotel function room was really great and the staff were very attentive.

When we woke in the Morning our bill/ quick check out form was under our door- the bill was all correct and was nice to be able to do this!

The breakfast was one of the best I have had at a hotel lots of choice/ fresh and topped up all the time! It was very clean and we didn’t have to wait to long for a table.

All in all I would stay again at this Hilton and would recommend to family’s/ couples and Business people.

Room Tip: have breakfast
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank hollyReading.Berks
Dear hollyReading.berks

Thank you for your review on Hilton Reading.

Your comments are very encouraging and an absolute pleasure to read.

Thank you for taking the time to offer great feedback. I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Reading once again in the near future.

With kind regards

Aimee Louise Ash

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Arabic first
Somerset
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Booked the Friday night spa break for friend's birthday treat. First pet hate is booking via centralised system - really hard to sort out any requests, book treatments etc. But thanks to Tripadvisor I managed to get a contact in the hotel who was super helpful.

Arranged an upgraded room and could not fault it. Looked brand new, spacious, comfy beds, lush bathroom. And soooooooo quiet... Felt like we were the ones there!

Spa treatments were surprisingly good - I upgraded my massage to hot stones and it was one of the best I have had. Fun having the option to have our treatments in the same room. Spa was ok - pool could be bigger, but nice sauna and steam - a jacuzzi would have made it perfect.

Comp bottle of wine was mediocre, but we also had two free drinks at the bar which was a nice touch. Drinks pricing was crazy - two g & ts won't give you any change out of £15. Two glasses of house wine £13!

Good options for lunch - and breakfast next day was excellent - dinner was a bit disasterous. Had advised hotel a few times I was vegan - no options presented as such, so I asked to have the animal products left out. Much discussion with waiter, chef came to see me and said I could have fish added! Ummm... More training needed. Then got delivered a starter I didn't order but got sorted out quickly. Main meal was huge - noodle and veg - ok but nothing to shout about. Friend's risotto - ditto.

Service throughout was excellent - very polite, friendly staff who went the extra mile. So all in very good, shame about dinner, but I can overlook that given that everything else was so nice. Well done Hilton, you're upping your game in the usual faceless, corporate hotel world!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Lizzie72

Thank you for posting such a positive comment following your stay at the Hilton Reading.

I was delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay and that you enjoyed your spa treatments.

Thank you for your comments in relation to dinner, I have spoken to our Head Chef who will of course further investigate.

Reading, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Saturday 21march 2014, I arrived at the hotel to have afternoon tea with my daughter and grandchildren, only to find it very noisy, it seem that 70 supporters were in for a buffet. When my son booked my treat for Mother's Day and also because my father is in hospital and I have been going backward and forward to visit.the staff were not very helpful, we left the hotel very upset,I spoke to my son and he rang the hotel and the manager was to ring me to find out the details, no call came through, not that day or any other, that's what I call BAD Management. We will not be going back any time soon.

Stayed March 2014
Aimee A, Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to the Hilton Reading on Tripadvisor. Your comments about the Hotel and the team are appreciated. Our commitment at the Hilton Reading is to provide the finest in service and personal attention to everyone who stays with us, and it is helpful when our guests pass their opinions and experiences to us, allowing us to refine our procedures and services where necessary.

I am sorry that you were not informed about the group reservation we had as part of the Rugby match day on the day of your booking. I would like to speak to you directly following your comments so that the hotel itself can conduct a full review of your experience.
Again, I am sorry that your experience was not what you can expect from us and I look forward to speaking with you shortly.

Kind regards
Yours sincerely

Aimee Louise
Bangalore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

Its a wonderful place to stay if you are anywhere near Reading. I guess most of the customers would be business visitors as it is nearer to corporate parks rather than any tourism places.
Offers the perfect comfort for business travelers with easy check-in check-outs.
Spotless Comfortable rooms with a nice view of the dull sunrise and rain drops on your window( though this would be season specific :) ) Breakfast menu was ok though and not that inviting.
Rooms have a mini bar(which should be asked to refill) a coffee maker, WiFi (free for gold members and above) a TV & Radio set, and all other basic amenities with good ambiance and furbishing. Should include a microwave also.
It has bath tub shower and best of all a bathroom mirror which does not fog after a hot shower ;)
Overall a receommended place to stay

Room Tip: Two sides to the hotel...one towards the highway and one on the front of the hotel..both views not b...
Dear Vinay_Pagadal

We are pleased to see your stay was a pleasant one and look forward to another opportunity when we can welcome you back once more.

Hampshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

I was impressed to receive an upgrade to a de-luxe double room and a free drink voucher when I was on a special rate function booking. The room was spacious and comfortable. Just one little thing, with the subdued and behind the mirror lighting I could have done with a separate shaving mirror.

Decided to use my voucher for a pot of tea in the lounge bar. Found it is a Costa franchise with no toasted tea cakes or similar available. Just biscuits or larger meals which I did not want at 4 pm as I was attending a dinner in the hotel that evening. Only one person on duty and he was run off his feet. People ahead of me were cancelling orders as they had been waiting too long for them to arrive. I waited nearly half an hour for a simple pot of tea.

Other reviewers have commented on the location, in the middle of an industrial estate and not easy to find. I took a wrong turn and was then lead by my sat nav through a new housing development just a few yards from the hotel that looked like a 1980's Spanish site with broken drain covers and large holes to negotiate.

On the plus side the breakfast buffet was excellent. And parking was inclusive.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Mike H

Thank you for your post on trip advisor following your recent visit to the Hilton Reading.

I am sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations in terms of service in the Bar area and I am most certainly taking your comments on board in regards to the delivery of service especially during a busy operation.

Ilford, Essex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

A typical style of Hilton Hotel. Big spacious free car park is excellent and the Bedrooms was really lovely with everything you could need. I just wasnt very impressed with the Breakfast Buffet which looked very stale and un-inviting. Perhaps the chef was just having a bad day ???

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Aimee A, Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear robtoast

Thank you for your review on the Hilton Reading.

Your comments are very encouraging and an absolute pleasure to read.

In terms of the not so positive, your comments regarding breakfast have been sent onto my Executive Head Chef for review. Thank you for bringing this too our attention.

England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night on a business visit to Reading. Typical Hilton with high quality rooms and amenities.Spotless comfortable room.
The front desk staff were excellent, friendly and efficient. A very early check out before breakfast was served, but the front desk staff, offered and brought complimentary juice, coffee and pastries. A very pleasant stay

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Aimee A, Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear StowawayEnglad

Thank you for your kind comments about the hotel.