“Nice stay, great breakfast!”
Review of Hilton Reading

Hilton Reading
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Reading
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Impressive lobby and service. Very professional staff at the entrance and checked into the room very quickly. Room was large, spacious and quiet. Bed comfortable. The only thing is I would hope that a hotel of this quality would provide free wifi! Breakfast came as standard and was excellent. I would recommend the breakfast to anyone! Would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Aimee A, Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Jimbob2302

Thank you for posting such a positive comment following your stay at the Hilton Reading.

We are pleased to see your stay was a pleasant one and look forward to another opportunity when we can welcome you back once more.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We did not have a good experience at the Reading Hilton. The noise levels at night were totally unacceptable and stopped us from enjoying a relaxing weekend away. We had to change rooms due to the noise coming from the function room below our room but even when we had moved the noise was still bad and we were unable to sleep.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Kate E

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor following your recent visit to the Hilton Reading.

I am sorry to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations on this occasion, and I do hope that we have the chance to welcome you back to the property again soon to fully exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

This hotel is clean, tidy and children friendly. We arrived early for check in and was greeted by the lovely food and bevage manger that rang reception to see if our room was ready , which it was so we checked in early . Rooms are very clean and very comfy beds as well. Resturant staff were so friendly with the children and us and the food was amazing . Had a problem in the middle of the night with the smoke alarm going off and not so friendly staff BUT the hotel has amended all the problems address and are welcoming us back in June which to be fair it was not the hotel fault why the alarm went off . REally looking forward to coming again

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank cambsbramble

Dear Cambsbramble

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent visit to the Hilton Reading.

Your kind comments are appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in June.

If I can be of any further assistance, please contact me on the below contact details.

With kind regards

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I was attending a meeting at the hotel in relation to the Escape Spa on 23rd and 24th April, on both mornings I was assisted by a very friendly and helpful porter, who assisted me with directions and also to get a taxi. It is not often people comment on this, but I feel this needs to be acknowledged, that this man assisted before I even asked for help. He was just aware of what was going on at all times
So thank you again

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Aimee A, Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Tattie

Thank you for taking the time to post a lovely review about one of our Team Members.

I will be sure to pass your comments onto him, which I am sure he will be delighted to recieve.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Although it was a moderately expensive hotel to stay at, we definitely got value for our money. It was 100% worth it. If anyone is considering staying at this hotel, I would recommend staying for a few days to ensure that you make the most of the hotel and its facilities. We had a few queries through our stay but the hotel employees were very understanding and helpful when trying to resolve them. There seemed to be an event running in the hotel at the time of our stay but we still did not hear a single noise from it. It was a very peaceful and relaxing stay overall. Other guests were understanding of other people wanting peace and quiet so no problems came up with noise. Rooms had a modern, attractive design and were very clean. The bed was comfortable - I sunk into the pillows after a long day and had no trouble sleeping! We did not know the area very well, but using a sat nav we found that the hotel is very close to business parks, shopping outlets and restaurants. Very convenient location for our stay.
I loved the health club facilities, the gym had top of the range equipment and there was also a pool, sauna and steam room. More than ten people and the pool will become a bit crowded as it is rather small but choosing the right time to visit it would prevent this. My only criticism would be the price. Considering the location of the hotel, it was difficult to justify paying almost £20 for one breakfast in bed - and that was a basic rate before extras. I would definitely stay at the hotel again, but be prepared to spend a substantial sum.

Room Tip: There was a group of us staying at the hotel, four of us chose to stay in the "Queen Hilton Del...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Aimee A, Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear BethWO7

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Good Hotel Location beside Green Park and Madejski stadium .

Clean and tidy rooms , great for business trips . a walking distance from Green Business Park . Also less than 10 minutes away from the Oracle shopping and Restaurants area.

one tip , if you open the minibar you will be automatically charged for the everything in it even if you don't consume it , bring this to the reception attention and they will remove it from the bill as needed .

Room Tip: High Floor Room and if you open the minibar you will be automatically charged for the everything in...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear AhmedDawood

Your comments are very encouraging and an absolute pleasure to read.

Please be advised, the hotel is happy to empty the mini bar should you require it.

Thank you for taking the time to offer great feedback. I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Reading once again in the near future.

With kind regards

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We use this Hotel frequently for off site meetings, It has a Costa Coffee in the lounge area. The reception is large and very comfortable and the bar food is good. One small criticism would be the price, it is really rather expensive, more like Central London prices than little old Reading.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Intcopiers.

Thank you for posting a review on the hotel and for leaving positive comments.

In terms of the pricing, I appreciate your honesty and kindly assure you that comments will be looked at by colleagues with the view of making changes where possible.

We are pleased that your visits are pleasant and look forward to another opportunity when we can welcome you back once more.