2,047 results
All reviewsthe underground car parkhousing estatedeluxe roomsauna and steam roomlovely hotelbreakfast was excellentgreen parkleisure facilitiesbuffet styleenjoyable stayreading town centrestayed for one nightbar areasaturday nightrajaspafilm
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

I chose to stay at this hotel as a base for my sons and I when visiting Legoland and Chessington.
Having paid just £166 for Legoland admission and two nights here with breakfast, my first impressions were that this would be one of the better hotel breaks I had been on.
The hotel itself is very modern, clean and comfortable.
On arrival the staff were very helpful and friendly, made a fuss of my sons. The rooms are excellent, spotless and there are nice touches such as ice machines and complimentary film downloads in with our package. We stayed in room 302 for two nights from 30th May.
The floors are solid and so no noise can be heard from above or below.
My bed wasn't brilliant and quite springy but everything else was very modern.
Breakfast was good with an abundance of choice and again service excellent.
Having been out for the day during Saturday, when we got back things started to go wrong.
On pulling in to the grounds it was clear that there was some sort of large function taking place, there were lots of people in dinner jackets and cocktail dresses outside the hotel smoking and parking was difficult.
I purposely went out of my way to find an hotel in the region with a pool that was open in to the evening as it gives my sons something to do when we return of an evening. Having returned with this aim in mind we were turned away from the pool as there was some sort of technical problem.
I saw people coming out of the pool area however and had to take two very disappointed sons to the bar instead.
Service here was excellent with friendly staff, high quality draught beer which was reasonably priced and bar staff that brought me a new Beer over as soon as they saw me getting low.
However the bar started to get engulfed by people from the charity event that was in the function room (which was a football based event that featured the original Premier League Trophy).
There were some ex pros there that I recognised and their choice of language wasn't great.
I asked if my sons might be able to take a look at the trophy given their earlier disappointment but was told "I can't possibly let people like you in there", which whilst a little abrupt, was something that I understood.
We went back to our rooms which is where things really went down the tubes.
Trying to sleep on the uncomfortable bed was difficult enough when the function downstairs spilled outside and for hours on end, loud males voices, football chanting and shouting could be heard continuously from the car park below. It was never ending.
An impromptu game of football broke out with the associated cheering and shouting and sleep was impossible.
Having not slept at all I had to go downstairs, leaving my sons on their own in the room to protest about this at 0315.
What I saw was the party in full swing with hundreds of people in the bar area and an horrendous racket.
I tried to outline my concerns to the Polish youth on reception who tried to help but given the language barrier and the din he had trouble enough recording my room number correctly let alone recording my complaint which I heard nothing of.
The noise from the car park got worse if anything and then at 0515 someone thought it would be an idea to start piping out gangster rap from the stereo of one of the sports cars parked beneath us on the main hotel entrance. Words fail me as to how this was permitted or that nobody contemplated that this was actually a hotel where hundreds were trying to sleep.
At 0615 I again went downstairs to see what I could sort out and was less than in a calm state of mind at this stage.
There were still ex footballers drinking brandy, I roamed outside amongst hundred of spent cigarette ends but other than cleaners could not find a member of staff.
I understand that hotels are businesses and do not have crystal balls, BUT what I do object to is that if the Hilton wants to court large, rowdy, black tie events that they can not adequately police where people drink or otherwise until breakfast, this is fine but they should not at the same time be getting in to bed with 'family break' type booking agents such as the one I used. This was certainly not family friendly or appropriate.
At breakfast the next day, I sat with my sons aged 9 and 10 as revellers from the night before began to roll in and had to admonish one ex footballer who walked passed my sons bellowing the F word down their ears as he passed and bragging about his previous nights exploits. Offended wasn't the word.
Tried to check out and again register my frustration at the desk but due to impossible queues had to use express checkout instead.
From what was an excellent price for an excellent hotel, I was left staring down the barrel of 8 hours at a theme park and 150 mile drive home on precisely no sleep and specifically booked an hotel with a pool that I never got to use.
Terrible.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Shaun B
Aimee A, Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Shaun B

Thank you for posting a review on the hotel. I am sorry to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations on this occasion and it is very regrettable that we did not have the opportunity to speak with you before you left us.

As thoughts and experiences from our guests are very much appreciated and are used to rectify any shortfalls highlighted to us, your time permitting, would you kindly contact me on either, aimee.louiseash@hilton.com or on 0118 916 9004, so that I can further investigate your comments. I would like to reassure you, such issues are not at all indicative of the high service standards we usually demonstrate and I would offer our unreserved apologies.

I was however delighted to read that despite the above, you found the hotel to be spotless and that you enjoyed your Hilton Breakfast.

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Reading, and I do hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This was a base for travelling to Henley and surrounding area. Ideal for relaxing in luxury at the end of a busy day. The weather was a bit iffy but did not detract from our enjoyment. We were lucky enough to be there when the European Cup was being played and the atmosphere in the bar was great

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Aimee A, Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear PatriciaW

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review of the hotel.

I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

An excellent experience for an overnight stay: first class service, spotless accommodation and a very comfortable bed!!
We learned that there are packages available at this Spa Hotel and would certainly investigate these in the future.
We did get a good deal on the room making it very good value for money on a Bank Holiday Monday.
We ate in the Restaurant which was fine but somewhat overpriced and the Breakfasts outside a package were similarly expensive, but this is primarily a well located Business Hotel so the prices are understandable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Aimee A, Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Med41

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Hilton Reading. We appreciate you taking the time to leave detailed feedback of your stay, and are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to have another opportunity when we can welcome you back once more.

Aimee Louise

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel is a little out of town so you could end up sending your time there, which really is not an issue, the common areas are bright and comfy and the bar is a nice place to relax and have a couple of drinks. The staff are great, very friendly and will go out of their way to help. Including letting us know we had left a mobile phone in the room.

The rooms are a nice size and the beds are very comfy, the very small gripe I have is the shower was not up to much.

Room Tip: Standard double is fine

Dear druss1969

It was a pleasure to read your review regarding our hotel.

I was so happy to read that your experience at the hotel has been so positive throughout, starting from the very beginning until the very end.

Thank you for taking the time to offer great feedback. I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Reading once again in the near future.

Aimee Louise

Reviewed 27 May 2014

What a lovely Hotel, so clean and bright! No hassle parking underneath, very nice room and very friendly, helpful staff throughout.
Breakfast was a little disappointing, it was hunt the sauce bottle, milk and bacon ran out twice!!! but apart from that good!!!

Dear BrindyOxfordshire

Thank you for your review on Hilton Reading.

Your comments are very encouraging.

I was disappointed to read your comments in relation to Breakfast during your stay. Your comments have been sent onto my Food and Beverage Manager for review.

Thank you for taking the time to offer positive feedback. I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Reading once again in the near future.