2,047 results
All reviewsthe underground car parkhousing estatedeluxe roomsauna and steam roomlovely hotelbreakfast was excellentgreen parkleisure facilitiesbuffet styleenjoyable stayreading town centrestayed for one nightbar areasaturday nightrajaspafilm
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Fantastic hotel both for events, rooms and service. Would highly recommend this hotel. Excellent location very close to the M4 Jct 11. Friendly staff that were willing to help out on numerous things. Top Quality hotel

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Aimee A, Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear 290sandrag2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review! It is so great to know that you've had a wonderful time while staying with us, and that the service provided by the staff and the hotel's location was to your liking!

We are very happy to read that you would recommend us, and are looking forward to your next visit!

with kind regards

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We booked this as a part of Legoland trip so for a family of 3 it was only 104£ for 1 day Legoland pass, stay and Morning breakfast- Cracker of a deal it was.
Heated pool, with steam and sauna. Kid got a surprise welcome pack with a pirate jigsaw puzzle !!
Decently surprised with a value.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sid G
Aimee A, Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Sid G

Thank you for posting such a positive comment following your stay at the Hilton Reading.

We are pleased to see your stay was a pleasant one and look forward to another opportunity when we can welcome you back once more.

Aimee Louise Ash

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I tagged along on my husband's business trip. I had lots of time by myself and got to know the hotel staff fairly well. All were eager to help me with whatever I needed, whether it be needing new linens or helping me get a cab downtown. The staff cleaned the rooms daily, and came rather early. I am an early riser so this did not bother me. The beds are extremely comfortable and they give you several different types of pillows (different firmness). The rooms are kind of small, but for only a week it worked. I also liked that they had American-style outlets. I brought converters, but it was still nice. The workout facility is nice but the pool and saunas are kind of gross. The local community shares the workout facility with the hotel so there was heavy traffic in the pool area (mothers and little kids, mainly). I enjoyed the steam room, but every time I went to use it, there was always hair or nasty stuff on the tiled floor that should have been cleaned. The pool itself looked okay, but I never used it. Everything else was extremely clean, though. Just not the pool area!

Our room rate came with the breakfast buffet. It was delicious. Lots of options. I cannot eat gluten and there was plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, along with eggs and cheeses to choose from. The breakfast staff was so nice and they even remember how you take your coffee or tea from the day before! Very professional and proper--a nice surprise.

There is a bar and cafe that is nice, but expensive. A latte cost something like 6 pounds...crazy!

Overall, its a great hotel. It's kind of far from London, and there isn't much to do around the area. However, you can easily get to the train station or downtown if you're looking to get away.

Room Tip: Get the room rate that includes breakfast--way worth it
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kelly K

Dear Kelly K

Thank you for posting a review on the hotel and for leaving positive comments. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and you found our team members to be polite and friendly.

I would also like to thank you for your kind words in relation to our breakfast team. I have passed on your comments, which they were delighted to receive!

In terms of the not so positive, I appreciate your honesty in relation to the LivingWell Health Club and kindly assure you that comments will be looked at by colleagues where they will further investigate. I would like to reassure you, our Health Club Changing rooms and poolside are tidied and cleaned on an hourly basis. Should I be able to help with further specifics, please drop me a line on aimee.louiseash@hilton.com, when I will be delighted to investigate and respond further to you.

Your sincerely

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The hotel is new, clean, and the staff was helpful. The only issue I had was my room key stopped working three days into my trip. The front desk reset my key and it stopped working again within 30 minutes. After the second time, they replaced the key and I had no further issues with it. The gym had a good variety of equipment and it is open 24/7 for guests. The only downside was that they turn off the lights to the fitness center lobby at 8:00pm. As a female, on travel alone, it didn't feel very safe walking from the gym to the stairwell, through the dark fitness lobby. They should consider leaving that light on for guest safety. The hotel location is a bit out of the way so you are looking at a 2 mile walk or L8.00 taxi ride (each way) just to get to non-generic restaurants and the shopping center. This led to dining at the hotel bar more but getting out to see Reading very little.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Aimee A, Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Renee O

We are delighted that you noted the efficiency and friendliness of the staff. We strive to make the hotel experience as effortless and comfortable to our guests as possible, therefore, your comments are truly appreciated.

I am however sorry to read that you did not feel comfortable when walking towards the gym in the evening due to the lights being switched off. I would like to reassure you, at the Hilton Reading the safety of all guests is our number one priority in everything we do. I have sent your comments onto my LivingWell Manager for review.

Aimee Louise Ash

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Excellent if you're driving. We were not arriving / departing on transport and didn't need to get into the center of town so this was the perfect location for us.

Modern facility - very helpful staff. Just an overall nice place to stay.

Having stayed at such a large number of Hilton Hotels, it's difficult to find something earth-shattering to say - it's a good hotel in a good location and is consistent with what I'd expect of a Hilton.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear MoreFFmiles

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Hilton Reading. We appreciate you taking the time to leave detailed feedback of your stay, and are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Providing excellent customer service is one of the things we pride ourselves on and I am pleased to see that your comments supports this.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

With kind regards