2,049 results
All reviewsthe underground car parkhousing estatedeluxe roomsauna and steam roomlovely hotelbreakfast was excellentgreen parkleisure facilitiesbuffet styleenjoyable stayreading town centrestayed for one nightbar areasaturday nightrajaspafilm
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Spa treatments were very good, helped me to relax! facial was very nice made my skin feel soft and refreshed! The service is great, kind and friendly staff always there to help fix any issues. Food in restaurant is delicious! but they could do with a bit more variety on the menu.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Aimee A, Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Devi S

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience and writing such a positive review, I am pleased to see that you had an enjoyable stay at The Hilton Reading!

I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable meal in the Larder Restaurant, and I will be sure to pass on your comments.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

With kind regards

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This was a Diamond reward stay, and we choose it for minimal point impact, and to avoid the expense of London for several nights, whilst doing the Cotswold's and Stonehenge. We were pleasantly surprised by the modern, spacious room, quality furnishings, nicely appointed bath, easy free parking, and hands down- the best breakfast we have enjoyed anywhere- for three mornings!

I also highly recommend this easy-to-get-to place as ideal for an American coming from Heathrow Airport and relearning to drive on the left.

We were unpleasantly surprised by a wee-hour false fire alarm our first night- but these kind of things happen and it just happens to remind us of an otherwise extremely uneventful and good stay.

When we return to this corner of the world, the Hilton Reading with be our stay of choice. Since we messed up timing on visiting Downton Abbey, we likely will be back soon!

Room Tip: Better views are up higher!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear DPooleMWIS

It was a pleasure to read your review regarding our hotel. Thank you for posting it!

I was so happy to read that your experience at the hotel has been so positive throughout, starting from the very beginning until the very end. I was also delighted to read that you enjoyed your Hilton breakfast, I will be sure to pass your compliments to the chef!

Once again a big thank you for your review and for recommending us! I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back again!

With kind regards

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Fantastic hotel both for events, rooms and service. Would highly recommend this hotel. Excellent location very close to the M4 Jct 11. Friendly staff that were willing to help out on numerous things. Top Quality hotel

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear 290sandrag2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review! It is so great to know that you've had a wonderful time while staying with us, and that the service provided by the staff and the hotel's location was to your liking!

We are very happy to read that you would recommend us, and are looking forward to your next visit!

with kind regards

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We booked this as a part of Legoland trip so for a family of 3 it was only 104£ for 1 day Legoland pass, stay and Morning breakfast- Cracker of a deal it was.
Heated pool, with steam and sauna. Kid got a surprise welcome pack with a pirate jigsaw puzzle !!
Decently surprised with a value.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sid G
Aimee A, Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Sid G

Thank you for posting such a positive comment following your stay at the Hilton Reading.

We are pleased to see your stay was a pleasant one and look forward to another opportunity when we can welcome you back once more.

Aimee Louise Ash

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I tagged along on my husband's business trip. I had lots of time by myself and got to know the hotel staff fairly well. All were eager to help me with whatever I needed, whether it be needing new linens or helping me get a cab downtown. The staff cleaned the rooms daily, and came rather early. I am an early riser so this did not bother me. The beds are extremely comfortable and they give you several different types of pillows (different firmness). The rooms are kind of small, but for only a week it worked. I also liked that they had American-style outlets. I brought converters, but it was still nice. The workout facility is nice but the pool and saunas are kind of gross. The local community shares the workout facility with the hotel so there was heavy traffic in the pool area (mothers and little kids, mainly). I enjoyed the steam room, but every time I went to use it, there was always hair or nasty stuff on the tiled floor that should have been cleaned. The pool itself looked okay, but I never used it. Everything else was extremely clean, though. Just not the pool area!

Our room rate came with the breakfast buffet. It was delicious. Lots of options. I cannot eat gluten and there was plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, along with eggs and cheeses to choose from. The breakfast staff was so nice and they even remember how you take your coffee or tea from the day before! Very professional and proper--a nice surprise.

There is a bar and cafe that is nice, but expensive. A latte cost something like 6 pounds...crazy!

Overall, its a great hotel. It's kind of far from London, and there isn't much to do around the area. However, you can easily get to the train station or downtown if you're looking to get away.

Room Tip: Get the room rate that includes breakfast--way worth it
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kelly K

Dear Kelly K

Thank you for posting a review on the hotel and for leaving positive comments. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and you found our team members to be polite and friendly.

I would also like to thank you for your kind words in relation to our breakfast team. I have passed on your comments, which they were delighted to receive!

In terms of the not so positive, I appreciate your honesty in relation to the LivingWell Health Club and kindly assure you that comments will be looked at by colleagues where they will further investigate. I would like to reassure you, our Health Club Changing rooms and poolside are tidied and cleaned on an hourly basis. Should I be able to help with further specifics, please drop me a line on aimee.louiseash@hilton.com, when I will be delighted to investigate and respond further to you.

Your sincerely