“Very impressed”

GreenLeadersGold level
shropshire
“Very impressed”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Having stayed at the Hilton Reading for one night on the 26th July I can only describe our stay as superb. As soon as we arrived at check in, we were greeted by a very polite and friendly receptionist. Unfortunately, I didn't get her name but she very attentive, explained everything we needed to know for our stay . Our room was spotless and had everything in it. Hairdryer, iron and ironing board and all the toiletries anyone would need. There was even a safety bath mat. The TV had a choice of films, internet access, at a cost but it's nice to have a choice. The mini bar was well stocked. The bar K had a good choice of snacks and meals or there is a restaurant . Breakfast was superb, a wide choice to suit every need. You couldn't ask for anything better. The staff were brilliant, making sure you were topped up with coffee/tea or orange juice. Used dishes were cleared away quickly. There is a pool and sauna you can use but I can't comment on those as I didn't use them. I cannot fault anything about this Hotel and would be more than happy to return in the future. The price we paid was very competitive and I wondered if the room would be ok. I really couldn't have asked for anything better and the staff are a credit to the Hotel

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear huckleberry1,

Thank you for your time taken to share your experience with us!

We are delighted that you noted the efficiency of our staff. We strive to make the hotel experience as effortless and comfortable to our guests as possible, therefore, your comments are truly appreciated.

We are very happy to read that you would like to return to us, and are looking forward to your next visit!

PA to the GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Arabic first
Berkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2014

One of the best customer service experiences I have had in a very long time. The staff really go above and beyond what I have come to expect.

The management and catering teams worked with us to plan a completely customisable menu to suit our guests. They took the stress out of hosting by providing an outstanding service, not only to our guests but to us as hosts. It allowed us to relax and enjoy the event. The service Wimpie, Sue and their team provided was personalised and thoughtful, not only at the event but through to accommodating our stay in the hotel. They couldn't do enough to make our stay as comfortable and convenient as possible. They had every aspect covered.

The staff were most friendly and responsive, always ready to provide a personalised service. There was even a bottle of wine waiting for us in our room.

To summarise: A fantastic first class service with outstanding customer service, lead by a dynamic management team, with exceptional organisational skills. I wouldn't go anywhere else for a function, business or personal and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a stress free event / function.

Thank you again to Wimpie, Sue, Jason, Nikola and your fantastic team.

Dear RaeCom07

It was a pleasure to read your review regarding our hotel. Thank you for posting it!
I was so happy to read that your experience with our hotel has been so positive and that we were able to assist your catering needs.

Thank you for your comments in relation to Sue, Nikola and Wimpie, I will be sure to pass on your comments!

PA to GM
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2014

First time here for me and it was much as the pre-arrival bumpf pertained it to be. Out of town, fairly new build, modern design, lifeless in areas, but creative, artistic and willing to serve in others.
Lone traveller on this ocassion and I was impressd with the underground parking situation. Lift to lobby was efficient, however the Receptionist not so. I never name names on public forums such as this, as I always give the staff member the benfit of the doubt should they be having a bad day. Let's just agree that it was obvious they were going through the check in motions.
That aside, on to the room and it is what it is - your usual classic Hilton bedroom - box shaped, apporox. 20sqm with all the usual business facilities. WiFi in Hilton Hotels has long been on my list of targets for action - how long can they continue to charge?
I have to say the shower was superb, and you can tell a lot of thought has gone into the design and ambience of both the bedrooms and bathrooms. Shame about the view, but you can't hide the location - A road one side and new housing estate the other.
I had business in town, but made it back for a night-cap. Young chap on the bar tried hard but again, you're never going to get it right employing twenty-somethings who are clearly using the role as a stepping stone to a career in a rock band! 10/10 for effor howver to him.
Breakfast was the usual Hilton standard - and by that I mean you can't fault it. Market leaders in this field? I'll let you decide on that.
Overall, well you can guess can't you. A Hilton is a Hilton is a Hilton. Sometimes you come across the odd one which has stamped a bit of individuality on itself but unfortunately this is not one of them. Fair play, the product is right up there, but the staff need a good dose of passion injected. It's now on my radar for this area, but there are others in the vicinity which have more allure.
Overall verdict = B+
Get the staff right, and all else is forgiven.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear thehotelspyuk

Thank you for your time taken to share your experience with us! It was a joy to read such a detailed and truly interesting description.

I was dissapointed to read your comments in relation to your check in experience. We strive to make the hotel experience as effortless and comfortable to our guests as possible, therefore, your comments are truly appreciated and have been sent onto my Front Office Manager for review.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Reading once again in the near future.

PA to the GM
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We were a party of 14 that went to stay at the hilton for my niece's 21st birthday on a spa package. From the minute we arrived, safe were attentive and accomodating.

We had a great time, rooms were spacious and clean. The food at the Larder restaurant was very tasty indeed and the breakfast in particular was delicious.

The staff went out of their way to ensure that my niece had a great birthday. I would not hesitate to stay here again and would definately recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear dannyp2206

I was so happy to read that your experience at the hotel has been so positive throughout, starting from the very beginning until the very end.

I'm glad that the hotel was able to help make your neices birthday special, and we hope to welcome you all back soon.

With kind regards

Swansea, Uk
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Everything you could ask for in a business hotel - particularly like the free parking for guests. Very clean, nice leisure facilities and close to Green Park for all the local companies. Good selection of food in the bar and restaraunt Recommended

Dear wzwrd

Thank you for taking the time to post your review! It is so great to know that you've had a wonderful time while staying with us, and that the service provided by the staff and the hotel's location was to your liking!

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Kind regards

Aimee
Didcot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Cracking great friendly service from the HH team. The comfiest bed I have ever encountered during any hotel stay. For sure I will be back again when I decided to go for a heavy night out! Shame about the Wi-Fi not being free...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Dear Kit Man W

Thank you for posting such a positive comment following your stay at the Hilton Reading.

I was delighted to read that you found our team members to be friendly.

Aimee L Ash
Piqua, United States
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Overall the hotel was very clean, quiet and comfortable. The lack of internet, without paying almost $30, is very lacking from a business traveler point of view. Performing business in the hotel bar (not to mention during the World Cup final) was very difficult to do.

Aimee A, Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Stephen B

We are pleased to see your stay was a pleasant one and look forward to another opportunity when we can welcome you back once more.

For future stays, please be informed, our business centre is available to all in house guests.