“Best in the area”

Hilton Reading
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Reading
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Having stayed in many of the local hotels I consider this to be the best, the beds and bedding are the most comfortable, the staff are so helpful and the breakfast is always good, a very reliable business hotel that is always good every time you stay

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Frupoi
Aimee A, Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Frupoi

Thank you for your review on Hilton Reading.

Your comments are very encouraging and an absolute pleasure to read.

Thank you for taking the time to offer great feedback. I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Reading once again in the near future.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Excellent location, typically upmarket Hilton experience. Excellent staff. Breakfast was superb. The Oracle is a very short drive away with a great selection of bars and restaurants and shopping facilities. Transport links include the A33 and M4 so getting to Heathrow and London is simple. Parking in a secure well lit car park was included in the cost of my stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Gary H

Thank you for posting such a positive comment following your stay at the Hilton Reading.

We are pleased to see your stay was a pleasant one and look forward to another opportunity when we can welcome you back once more.

wimpie.blatt@hilton.com

Reviewed 22 August 2014

We stayed here while attending a family wedding. It was a great choice for us. The beds weren't up to the Hilton US standard. The bottom sheet wasn't very soft and the mattress didn't have a pillow-top so you could really feel the springs. Even so, I slept well since it was a very quiet hotel and the duvet was lovely and soft.

The customer service was fantastic! They were very quick to come whenever we had requests. Someone took all the drinks out of the fridge for us so we could put my rice milk and other food in. Someone else brought us extra hangers. And yet another person brought an extension cord and set it up so I could use my CPAP machine next to the bed. The employees at the front desk graciously helped me with several other requests as well.

The business center computer uses a nonstandard web browser so I wasn't able to get into my favorite sites or my email. Even so, it was a good place to hang out and read a book in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep since the office chairs were comfortable and there was bright lighting.

What I enjoyed most was the private health club in the hotel. The pool was too warm and maybe a bit short for an enthusiastic lap swimmer but was great for casual lap swimming like me or someone who wants to do water exercises. A big window keeps the pool area light and the CCTV makes it seem safer. There are easy stairs so you don't have to go down a ladder. Next to the pool is a sauna and a lovely smelling steam room. You need a one pound coin to operate the the locker but you get it back. They give you pool towels and the locker room is very clean. The fitness room is open 24 hours for hotel guests and has the usual equipment. A great way to start the day!

We bought the breakfast package when we registered because we didn't want to have to look for a restaurant to eat at. I don't eat a full English cooked breakfast so the price seemed outrageous for continental breakfast--you don't get a choice since there is just one price for the whole buffet. They will make something on special request if you have food allergies.

The Larder Restaurant was quite pricey as well but we enjoyed sitting at an outdoor table and relaxing. The service wasn't the best even though they were not busy. If you want yellow American mustard you have to ask specifically for French's mustard. Otherwise you get something spicy. We had a bit of a mix up over that. The portions are huge so you can skip the starters. My husband and I could probably have shared my salad and BLT sandwich and still been full.

Dear Shadowsprite

Thank you for posting a review on the hotel and for leaving positive comments and constructive comments. In terms of the beds quality, I appreciate your honesty and kindly assure you that comments will be looked at by our Housekeeping as well as our Chef with regards to your feedback on the meals.
Should I be able to help with further specifics, please drop me a line on wimpie.blatt@hilton.com,

Reviewed 21 August 2014

I stop in this hotel regularly due to working nearby. It is by far one of the best Hilton hotels I have stopped in (and I stop in many). It is modern and clean and has great fitness facilities. The rarely eat in the restaurant but I have had bar food which was good quality, albeit slightly overpriced hotel food as you would expect.

Room Tip: The sound proofing is good so don't worry if you get a room facing the main road.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear PaulToal

Thank you for posting a review on the hotel and for leaving positive comments. In terms of the pricing and the not so positive, I appreciate your honesty and kindly assure you that comments will be looked at by colleagues with the view of making changes where possible.
Appreciated.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We had a lovely time . The spa was very good , we both had a short massage and the wife had the all singing , all dancing foot spa , which she loved ! We ate in the Larder Restaurant on both nights.The first meal was pretty good ,for a set menu then we had the A la carte , on the second night and loved it . The only gripe was the thimble full of custard , with the apple crumble ! Over all we had a great time and the staff were fab.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Lance H

I have passed your comments to our Chef and too the Spa

Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is one of the best hotel's we have stayed in, very helpful staff very clean we stayed as a Lego land package, I thought we might be outcast's but no they made as feel very welcome. our room's were excellent nicely chilled and breakfast was great with lots of choice I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying at Reading this is a 5*****star hotel with 5*****star service well done to all the team :))))

Room Tip: 155 and 156 were brill
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mike S

Dear Mike s

wimpie.blatt@hilton.com

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed for 3 nights and from arriving at reception to a warm welcome and vacating on an amazing breakfast 'FAULTLESS'.Rooms,staff and location perfect.well done HILTON!!!Good choice at breakfast,check out the sausages!!!bedrooms very comfortable.keep up the good work Mr manager

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Jackie L

Thank you for your review on Hilton Reading.

Your comments are very encouraging and an absolute pleasure to read.